Dr. Jonyer is an expert in networking, telecommunications, smart TVs, smartphones, machine learning, computer software, Internet, cloud, and web technologies.
Areas of Expertise
• Networking and Telecommunications: Mobile Wireless, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G, 4G, routers, TCP/IP, content delivery, CDN, edge caching.
• Smart TV and Smartphones: Google TV, Chromecast, Roku, Android TV, YouTube TV, Apple TV, mobile apps, web apps.
• Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence: Data mining, neural networks, deep learning, social network analysis.
• Software Analysis: Cloud, mobile, smartphone, web, Internet, applications.
Expert Witness Experience
Praised for his communications skills, Dr. Jonyer is effective in deposition testimony, report writing, and attorney briefings. Dr. Jonyer has opined on cases involving patent infringement, IPR, trade secret misappropriation, and breach of contract. He has extensive expert witness experience in cases involving Google, Facebook, Apple, Uber, Intel, Cloudflare, Nokia, eBay, Salesforce, Slack, Dell, Roku, and others.
Dr. Jonyer has a rare combination of academic, corporate, startup, and venture capital experience.
• Assistant Professor of Computer Science: Taught 9 courses. Research in machine learning.
• Google: Launched Google TV (later Chromecast) devices with OEMs and SoC vendors such as Sony, Samsung, LG.
• Nortel Networks: Designed 3G mobile communication systems.
• Adaptelligence: COO of health technology machine learning startup.
• Sidespin Ventures: Managing director of venture capital syndicate.
• NexStar Partners: Principal at early-stage venture capital fund.
• Ph.D., Computer Science and Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington, 2003.
• MBA, Carnegie Mellon University. 2010.