Timothy P. Harrigan, ScD, MBA, PE, is a Mechanics / Biomechanics and Modelling and Simulation Engineer with over 35 years of experience. He has spent 15 years in Orthopedic departments and the rest of his career in Biomedical Engineering. Dr. Harrigan has done accident reconstruction through analytical and computational models, and extensively used FEA, CFD and, Fluid-structure models.
Litigation Support - Dr. Harrigan has strong analytical skills and qualifications for both the biomechanical issues and the interacting mechanical and electrical environments. He works on both Design and Manufacturing Defects in Medical Devices, including total joint replacements, IV tubing, insulin pumps, IV fertilization, and heart valves. With 3 US Patents, and having passed the patent bar, Dr. Harrigan works effectively with IP professionals on expert reports Injury Biomechanics and Intellectual Property.
Dr. Harrigan investigates injury and accident scenes to gather relevant data and develop quantitative models for impact injury, blast effects, vehicle collisions, industrial accidents, and premises injury. He develops situation models, accident scene models and device models, and evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of inferences from those working models. He's been Daubert/Robinson challenged but never excluded.
Selected Cases - August 2009 to Present:
- Investigated and testified on biomechanics in consumer product liability suit based on Chinese-made inflatable pool slide; won $20M verdict in Massachusetts. (Aleo v Toys-R-Us)
- Investigated and testified on biomechanics in consumer product liability suit based on Chinese-made inflatable pool slide; won $4M verdict in Missouri. (Grantham v Wal-mart)
- Investigated and testified on biomechanical factors in injury, including product, premises, and transportation litigation
- Provided expert testimony, developed finite element models, and made pressure measurements on bicycle seats in support of $3+M patent infringement claims in the U.S., Italy, and China
- Provided court testimony, deposition testimony, and reports in Patent infringement and validity actions including Inter-partes reviews. (IPR)
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Texas #86769
- Registered Patent Agent, US Patent and Trademark Office, Registration #51,784