*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Parental Rights / Parenting Expert Witnesses: 4
A Special Education expert for five decades, Dr. Steven C. Imber served as a professor of special education from 1973 2021. He serves as a special education advocate, consultant to attorneys, parents and schools. He has conducted more than 600 independent educational evaluations.
- B.S. Psychology (High Honors) State University of New York at Buffalo
- Doctoral Studies, Clinical Psychology, University of Connecticut
- M.A. from the Department of Educational Psychology (Special Education - Learning Disabilities), University of Connecticut (Kappa Delta Phi)
- Ph.D. from the Department of Educational Psychology (Special Education -Emotional Disturbance (High Honors)
As a special education expert, Dr. Imber has worked on cases with children, adolescents and adults with a broad array of disabilities. He provides professional advocacy and consultation for children with the following disabilities:
- Autism Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorders
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders Intellectual Disabilities (Cognitive Deficits)
- Learning Disabilities
- Other Disabilities and Disorders
Areas of Expertise:
- Criminal Defense of Individuals with Disabilities – competence to stand trial and comprehension of Miranda Warning Rights
- Family Custody Matters involving Disputes regarding matters of Education and Special Education
- School Safety
- Special Education Regulations and Law
- Wrongful Death
Dr. Imber has been involved in cases from the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington and West Virginia.
Depositions and Direct Testimony
Dr. Imber has testified in federal court, various district courts, superior court, family and probate court and in numerous due process hearings since 1975.
Below are listed recent cases in which Dr. Imber provided testimony during depositions or directly in various court matters:
- October 21, 2021, Family Court: State of Hawaii, Plaintiff
- October 19, 2021, Hancock County Circuit Court, West Virginia Criminal Action, Defendant
- September 29, 2021, Chicago Public Schools Cook County, Defendant
- July 6, 2021, Worcester County Probate and Family Court, Plaintiff
- August 10, 2021, Springfield District Court, Defendant
- May – June 2019, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Division of Administrative Law Appeals, Bureau of Special Education Appeals BSEA, Plaintiff
- Published several articles in national and international journals within the fields of special education and psychology
- Presented at several local, state, regional, national and international conferences and meetings
|Rhode Island Office|
166 Valley Street
Providence, RI 02909
|New York Office|
61-43 186th Street
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Dr. Imber's CV is available upon request.
Dr. Birch is a leading authority on:
- Teenage Pregnancy and Early Parenting
- Assessments - Day, Age, Emotional, Outpatient, and Community assessments
- Psychopathic Personalities
- Borderline Personalities
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical, Emotional and Sexual Abuse
- Factitious Illness (Munchausen)
- Family Conflicts such as Child Alienation
Dr. Birch has also worked with individuals and "private" cases such as custody disputes. The assessment work and medico legal context has meant that over 50 cases are reported on each year with equivalent court appearances. This has been formally evaluated in published work.
Dr. Birch is a:
- Member of the Academy of Experts (Checked expert)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (for whom she is also an assessor for Paediatric Consultants)
- Fellow Royal Institute Public Health
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of the Society for Adolescent Medicine (USA).
Dr. Michael J. Perrotti, Ph.D., a member of the National Academy of Neuropsychology, specializes in Clinical and Forensic Psychology. He has over 30 years of experience with consumers, courts, and counsel including civil, prosecution, defense counsel, family court and the US Government. Dr. Perrotti contributes to the profession as an Expert Consultant for the State of California Board of Psychology, and the California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners and is certified by LA County System Court as an Expert Witness in Neuropsychology, eyewitness ID and false confession.
Dr. Perrotti was an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Science at the Keck School of Medicine, USC (2005-2006), and conducted complex neuropsychological evaluations in USC. Dr. Perrotti possesses specialized training and has clinical and research interns. His practice is an approved internship site at UCLA. He also has expertise in the area of Assessment of Sexual Deviation and Evaluation of Child Sexual Abuse Allegations. His training, experience, and use of the Abel Assessment of Sexual Interest Computerized Test from the Abel Center in Atlanta, Georgia, enables him to add a state-of-the-art sophisticated tool for the evaluation of sexual offending. Dr. Perrotti has served as an expert witness for plaintiff and defense in personal injury and employment and workplace matters. Dr. Perrotti was awarded the Volunteer Services Award from the President's Volunteer Council as Service and Civic Participation, the White House. Dr. Perrotti is a member of the Orange County Sheriff's Reserve, Professional Services Division.
- Neuropsycholgical Assessment
- Sanity / Competency to Stand Trial Assessment
- Police Misconduct
- Suggestibility and False Confession
- Crime Scene Investigation in Report Formulation
- Sexual Predator Determination
- Effects of Psychotropic Medications on Confession
- Expert Neuropsychologist in Sexual Assault Trial
- Expert in Bonding Studies and False Confessions
- PTSD (acute and complex) in General, Law Enforcement, and Iraq War Veterans
- Panic Disorders and Phobias
- Custody Evaluation
- Severe Trauma in Children, Adolescents, and Adults
Dr. Robert Evans, PhD, is a Licensed School Psychologist with over 30 years of experience in the behavioral sciences, including completing over 100 Child Custody Evaluations. Dr. Evans serves as a consultant to the medical, legal, and law enforcement community in Florida on Psychological and Educational matters. He consulted with Orange County Public Defender with cases involving arrest and incarceration of children, including Competency Assessments and Insanity Determinations. He has also provided Critical Incident Stress Debriefings to victims of crime in the Central Florida area.
Litigation Support - Dr. Evans specializes in Parental Alienation cases which are commonly among those classified as High Conflict Divorce cases and he has written a book on Parental Alienation. He provides litigation support to counsel for both Plaintiff and Defense. His services include support with hearing / trial preparations, review of current evaluations, and support during and after the litigation process.
Dr. Evans has given sworn testimony as a Forensic Psychology expert witness in NY, IL, PA, GA, FL, IA, ID, CO, OH, TX, TN, LA, MA, MD, MO, NC, SC, WA, and OR.
Areas of Expertise:
- Parental Alienation
- Child Custody Evaluations
- False Allegations of Abuse
- Treatment Considerations for Alienated Children
- Workplace Violence