, President of Blue Silk Consulting, is a seasoned executive with an MBA and 25+ years of experience in Chinese Sourcing and Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Manufacturing and ERP Systems Consulting
- Prior to BSC, Ms. Coates was a Senior Director at SAP, the Supply Chain Practice Leader at KPMG Peat Marwick and at Answerthink, and a Regional Manager at Hewlett-Packard. Ms. Coates has consulted with global and domestic clients, VCs, and PE firms on operations systems and processes. She has considerable international experience and has worked for extended periods in Asia and Europe.
Ms. Coates' experience spans a broad range of industries including High Technology, Software, Chemicals, Health Care, Consumer Products, Industrial Products, Food Distribution, Transportation, Publishing, Retail, and Oil and Gas. She has extensive knowledge and experience in manufacturing and outsourcing in Asia, Europe, and the US. She has written five Amazon.com books including Best Seller, 42 Rules for Sourcing and Manufacturing in China
, and Legal Blacksmith: How to Avoid and Defend Supply Chain Disputes
, and 42 Rules for Superior Field Service
, and Negotiation Blueprint for Buyers
, and The Reshoring Guidebook
Ms. Coates is also the Executive Director of the Reshoring Institute and a member of the Board of Directors at the University of San Diego Supply Chain Management Institute. She teaches Global Supply Chain Strategy at UC Berkeley.
She earned a BS in Business at Arizona State University and an MBA at the University of San Diego. She resides in Silicon Valley.
Rosemary Coates: Supply Chain Management Overview
- As an Expert Witness, Ms. Coates has assisted attorneys in their understanding of relevant Supply Chain Operations and Practices
in sourcing, logistics, distribution, manufacturing, inventory, and Chinese Imports
. She has worked on legal cases for the past 10 years, writing reports, giving depositions, and testifying at trial.
Areas of Expertise
- Project Management for Enterprise Software
- ERP Software Consulting Implementation Failures and Runaway Projects
- China Sourcing and Manufacturing
- Chinese Products
- Import / Export Management
- Software Patents
- Sales Channel Distribution and Compensation
- Supply Contracts
- Inventory Tax
- Global Manufacturing Operations, Contract Manufacturing, CMS, EMS
- Transportation and logistics, 3PLs and Freight Forwarders, Freight Shipping
View Rosemary Coates' Consulting Profile
- Chinese Products / Chinese Imports
- Chinese Manufacturing
- Chinese Toys
- Chinese Plastics
- Chinese Drywall
- Operations Planning
|InventoryWarehousingSupply ChainDistribution ChannelManufacturing OperationsField ServiceSupply ContractsERP Systems Implementations|
Have you been keeping up with the “Amazon Effect” on supply chains? This effect is defined as the impact the digital marketplace has on the traditional business model in retail. But for supply chain professionals, it is so much more.
Rosemary Coates, et al
The first book of its kind, Legal Blacksmith explains how to optimize supply chain relationships, starting with marketing outreaches and supplier bidding through handling legal disputes when supply chain relationships fail. This book is for in-house counsel who want to better understand supply chain operations, and supply chain operations personnel who want to better understand the law that applies to their field.
For business people who are experienced in doing business in China, or for first-time visitors, this book will provide valuable insights from real executives and experts. These executives offer their personal experiences and recommendations about sourcing and manufacturing in China.
Rosemary Coates, et al
Provides an understanding of holistic thinking and analysis based on multiple internal customer needs on the buy side and multiple stakeholders on the sales side.
The guidebook will assist you with steps to a successful Reshoring project by taking you through various decision components one by one. You will find thought-provoking ideas, helpful exercises, and outlines for things you will be considering during your Reshoring evaluation.
Rosemary Coates, et al
Complicating field service operations in today's environment is the global nature of the installed base and where in the world your products and spares are manufactured. Sourcing global parts, managing the parts supply chain and the investment required are the things that keep managers up at night. This book provides 42 essential rules to benchmark and develop a global service business.