Robert Bates, CPA, CFE, CVA
, has over 25 years of Financial Management and Accounting
experience as a Controller and CFO in various industries. He has been in several industries, including telecom, media, retail and financial services in addition to having consulting experience at startups in the software, technology, and life sciences fields.
Mr. Bates specializes in International Accounting, Software Issues, and Obtaining Financing
. The CFO of a public company, he has completed due diligence accounting/reporting for 12 acquisitions, including performing Business Valuations and dealing with FAS 142 issues. Mr. Bates has handled accounting for complex debt instruments including warrants, beneficial conversion feature, and other derivative issues. He has also been responsible for SEC reporting: 10Q’s and 10K’s.
- Robert Bates has worked with dozens of lawyers on over 50 cases in various states. Sometimes he provides financial support for a client in litigation, or pre-litigation, and other times he provides a report, such as a damages calculation, which can be used in litigation. He also has experience providing testimony in depositions and trials.
View Robert Bates' Consulting Profile
- Unbiased Case Analysis
- Discovery Review & Recommendations
- High-Impact Demonstrative Exhibits
- Strategy and Tactics Conferences
- Damage Calculations
- Cash Flow Analysis Reports
- Profit and Loss Analysis
Economic downturns and recessions are notorious for encouraging fraud. As new and prospective fraud examiners, it's imperative that you become aware of the various fraud risks that can occur and the red flags that indicate a fraud in progress.