JMI Fire Investigation provides Fire Investigation services throughout California and Oregon. Principal at JMI, John Miller, CFI, CFEI, CVFI, Fire Capt. (Ret.), is a Certified Fire Investigator. He has over 29 years in the fire service, over 16 years in the private sector, and 3 years as a major city fire investigator.
Mr. Miller has investigated over 2,500 fires. Over the course of his career, he has handled over 18,000 pieces of evidence. His services include retrieving, transporting, and storing evidence. See Gallery.
Fire Investigation Services:
- Fire Origin and Cause Investigations
- Evidence Examination Facilities
- Evidence Retrieval and Transportation
- File Review
Background Information - Since 1998, Mr. Miller served as President of JMI, INC., conducting fire investigations in California. Prior to that, from 1980-2000 he worked as a fire investigator and ultimately Fire Captain with the Sacramento City Fire Department.
Mr. Miller also served with the United States Air Force from 1972-1979 as a firefighter, crew chief, and dispatcher, in charge of extinguisher maintenance at the McClellan, Mather, and Kunsan, Korea Air Force bases.
- Certified Fire Investigator by the International Association of Arson Investigators
- Certified Fire Investigator by the California Conference of Arson Investigators
- Certified Fire Investigator California State Fire Marshal's Office
- Certified Evidence Collection Technician by the International Association of Arson Investigators
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator by the National Association of Fire Investigators
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator by the by the National Association of Fire Investigators
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator by the National Association of Fire Investigators
- NFPA 921 & 1033 Compliant
View John Miller's Expert Witness Profile.