Richard D. Curtis, PE
, is a Professional Engineer, Consultant, and Technical Expert with 40 years of significant contributions in the Freight and Passenger Vehicle Transportation
industry. His experience includes design, development, procurement, leasing, operation and maintenance of locomotives, freight cars and rail passenger cars (intercity, commuter, transit & light rail).
As a technical consultant to MBTA, CTA, NYCT, WMATA, Phoenix Valley Metro, NICTD, UTA, BART, CALTRANS, IDOT, and many more, Mr. Curtis has provided technical expertise in an oversight role to:
- Ensure that the design, manufacture, and testing during new car contracts met all necessary requirements
- Ensure that the design, overhaul, and testing on overhaul contracts met all necessary requirements
- Solve difficult maintenance and operational problems
- Design Cars on transit, commuter, and intercity passenger car contracts
Mr. Curtis has also been responsible for industry leading innovative design and development on Double Stack Intermodal Cars, Auto Rack Technology, RoadRailer®, Unit Train Coal Cars, Covered Hoppers, and Heavy Duty Special Purpose Cars.
- As an expert witness with an MS degrees in engineering, his years of experience, and diversified background Richard Curtis offers a unique perspective to his clients. His services are available to insurance companies and attorneys representing both plaintiff and defendant. Mr. Curtis' services include site inspection, written reports, depositions, and trial testimony as needed.
Areas of Expertise
View Richard Curtis' Consulting Profile
- Mechanical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Derailment / Railroad Accident Investigation
- Transit Systems
|Freight CarsPassenger Vehicle DesignRailcarsRail Transit StandardsPatent Infringement|