*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Family Issues Consultants: 4
Through the American Psychiatric Association, he has published about treatment methods for children and adolescents. He describes methods of treating children and adolescents who have suffered serious and longstanding problems in his edited book, Chronic Mental Illness in Children and Adolescents.
- General Psychiatry for Adults
- General Psychiatry for Children
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Organizational Consultation for Schools and Universities
Dr. Michael J. Perrotti, Ph.D., a member of the National Academy of Neuropsychology, specializes in Clinical and Forensic Psychology. He has over 30 years of experience with consumers, courts, and counsel including civil, prosecution, defense counsel, family court and the US Government. Dr. Perrotti contributes to the profession as an Expert Consultant for the State of California Board of Psychology, and the California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners and is certified by LA County System Court as an Expert Witness in Neuropsychology, eyewitness ID and false confession.
Dr. Perrotti was an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Science at the Keck School of Medicine, USC (2005-2006), and conducted complex neuropsychological evaluations in USC. Dr. Perrotti possesses specialized training and has clinical and research interns. His practice is an approved internship site at UCLA. He also has expertise in the area of Assessment of Sexual Deviation and Evaluation of Child Sexual Abuse Allegations. His training, experience, and use of the Abel Assessment of Sexual Interest Computerized Test from the Abel Center in Atlanta, Georgia, enables him to add a state-of-the-art sophisticated tool for the evaluation of sexual offending. Dr. Perrotti has served as an expert witness for plaintiff and defense in personal injury and employment and workplace matters. Dr. Perrotti was awarded the Volunteer Services Award from the President's Volunteer Council as Service and Civic Participation, the White House. Dr. Perrotti is a member of the Orange County Sheriff's Reserve, Professional Services Division.
- Neuropsycholgical Assessment
- Sanity / Competency to Stand Trial Assessment
- Police Misconduct
- Suggestibility and False Confession
- Crime Scene Investigation in Report Formulation
- Sexual Predator Determination
- Effects of Psychotropic Medications on Confession
- Expert Neuropsychologist in Sexual Assault Trial
- Expert in Bonding Studies and False Confessions
- PTSD (acute and complex) in General, Law Enforcement, and Iraq War Veterans
- Panic Disorders and Phobias
- Custody Evaluation
- Severe Trauma in Children, Adolescents, and Adults
Ruth has been quoted in the New York Times, New York Post, Newsday, Toronto Sun, Houston Chronicle, Cosmopolitan, Christian Science Monitor, MSN Lifestyle, iVillage and numerous other print and online media.
She has been a guest on The Today Show, Good Day New York, BBC, CBC, TalkAmerica, 1010 WINS and over 150 radio and TV talk shows in the United States, Europe, Canada, South America, New Zealand, and the Caribbean. In addition to researching and writing about infidelity, Ruth conducts seminars on infidelity and does personal infidelity consultations.
Dr. Birch is a leading authority on:
- Teenage Pregnancy and Early Parenting
- Assessments - Day, Age, Emotional, Outpatient, and Community assessments
- Psychopathic Personalities
- Borderline Personalities
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical, Emotional and Sexual Abuse
- Factitious Illness (Munchausen)
- Family Conflicts such as Child Alienation
Dr. Birch has also worked with individuals and "private" cases such as custody disputes. The assessment work and medico legal context has meant that over 50 cases are reported on each year with equivalent court appearances. This has been formally evaluated in published work.
Dr. Birch is a:
- Member of the Academy of Experts (Checked expert)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (for whom she is also an assessor for Paediatric Consultants)
- Fellow Royal Institute Public Health
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of the Society for Adolescent Medicine (USA).