Brian H. Aanestad has over 30 years of Construction and Fleet experience, including Heavy Equipment, Truck, and Trailer Transport. He currently serves as President and Construction Consultant at Inland Valley Engineering, Inc. and as an Expert Witness for Discover Experts.
Mr. Aanestad is a Consultant and Expert witness for matters including Underground Construction and Placement of Underground Utilities. He has decades of experience overseeing the placement of underground utilities, pipelines, and conduit. In addition, he has almost 20 years of experience in the Full-Service Truck Leasing industry, overseeing transportation, logistics, leasing, rental, and maintenance activities. His company was honored for its work on the Scripps Seawater Return Lines at the University of California, San Diego. The complex, $2.5 million project included nearly 4,500 feet of piping.
Litigation Support - Mr. Aanestad provides expert services to attorneys representing plaintiff and defendant which include on-site review, written reports, depositions, mediation, and trial testimony as needed. Most cases end in mediation or negotiated settlement.
Clients have included such firms as Heffernan & Boortz LLP, Wood Smith Henning & Berman LLP, Rutan & Tucker LLP, and Dowling/ Aaron, Chancio Brown LLC., Southern California Edison, Vast Networks (CVIN), City of Kansas City Missouri, and the City of Oceanside.
Areas of Expertise:
- Underground Trenchless Public Utilities
- Fiber Optics Installation
- Engineering Contractor Negligence
- Feasibility Studies
- Underground Utility Easements
- Construction Standard of Care
- Construction Defects, Delays, Change Orders
- Construction Dispute Resolution
- Construction Damages / Cost Analysis
- Construction Equipment / Pipelines
- Heavy Trucks and Trailers
- Skip Loaders
- Drilling & Boring Machines
- Horizontal Directional Drills
- Hydraulic Moles
- Truck Leasing, Rental, Maintenance
- Transportation Logistics
- DOT / BIT Review