*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Robotics Expert Witnesses: 3
Dr. George Edwards, Ph.D. is an expert in Computer Software, Internet Applications, Web Technologies, Mobile Phone/Tablet Applications, Digital Video and Multimedia, Medical and Embedded Software, and Aerospace/Defense Systems. He has more than a decade of experience as a scientist, engineer, and technical consultant to academic research labs, government agencies, technology companies, and attorneys. Dr. Ewards has authored dozens of articles and papers related to software engineering for scientific journals and industry magazines. He is listed as a co-inventor on two pending patent applications for novel software technology and has served as a software expert witness in patent litigation matters.
Dr. Edwards provides expert consulting in the following areas:
Dr. Edwards is an expert in the following technologies :
- Programming languages & platforms: Java, C/C++, C#, Perl, Python, PHP, .NET, WinForms, WPF, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Java EE, CORBA
- Mobile devices & applications: Android, iOS, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Palm OS, Java ME
- Multimedia: MPEG, SVG, DVR, Silverlight, Flash
- Operating systems & servers: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Mac OS
- Networking: IMAP, POP, SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP
- Databases: RDBMS, SQL, MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MySQL
- Project management & development methods: Kanban, Lean software development, agile, object-oriented (OO), aspect-oriented programming (AOP), component-based development, COTS integration, requirements engineering, spiral model, UML
John L. Ryan, BSME, P.E. is a Mechanical Engineer who provides general Mechanical and Structural Engineering expertise. Mechanical and Safety Engineering (MASE) provides full service analysis and accident reconstruction of products involved in accidents.
Mr. Ryan's services have been requested for attorneys and insurance companies needing forensic engineering expert witness testimony to determine whether machinery and products involved in injury cases were adequately designed or whether they have a Design, Manufacturing, or Material Defect. All products are lab-tested on site to determine adherence to industry standards and engineering design protocol. Alternate preventative designs are developed when none exist commercially.
Mr. Ryan is available for both Plaintiff and Defense, depending on the individual case. His services include producing high quality reports and visual aids in the courtroom such as scale models to help explain accident scenarios and alternate designs to judges and juries.
Areas of Expertise:
- Accident Investigation and Reconstruction
- Machine Guarding Accident Investigation
- Climbing Gym Accidents
- Belay Device Failure
- Rock Climbing Accidents
- Fall Protection Failures
- Ladder Failure Investigation
- Design Defect Analysis
- Structural Analysis of Buildings
- Product Liability Investigations
- General Engineering Injuries and Issues
- Industrial safety
- Engineering Continuing Education
- Product Certification
Harry Direen, PhD, PE has over 30 years of experience as an engineer Designing and Developing Systems in the Electronics and Software Industry. He has taught engineering courses at the US Air Force Academy and at the University of Colorado. Dr. Direen currently works with a research group at the US Air Force Academy developing control systems and image processing using GPGPUs for UAVs. An inventor, he holds 3 United States patents.
Litigation Support - Dr. Direen has significant experience as an expert witness supporting counsel and testifying in complex patent infringement cases. He has a broad base of knowledge in electronic and software systems gained from a long career developing a wide range of products and systems. His litigation experience also includes encryption / decryption methods associated with databases and signal processing. Dr. Direen has reverse engineered a variety of complex systems over the years, including: media players, modems, modem compression algorithms, coriolis mass flow meters, database systems, and a range of other products to support patent infringement cases generating detailed claim charts and writing expert reports to demonstrate infringement. He has successfully discovered and analyzed complex digital signal processing algorithms and pertinent operations within these products. Dr. Direen's expertise is available to counsel representing both plaintiff and defendant. He is highly proficient in explaining complex systems to laymen.
Areas of Expertise: