Myron K. Smith is a Narcotics Expert with over 30 years of experience in his field of expertise. He provides Consultation and Expert Testimony in cases involving Narcotics offenses. Mr. Smith is a panelist and instructor to law enforcement officers, government officials, and grand juries on Police Procedures and Drug Identification. He has been accepted in several states (Local and Federal Courts) in all facets of narcotic criminal investigations.
Areas of Expertise:
- Narcotic / Drugs
- Narcotics / Drugs Identification
- Methods of Narcotic Use
- Narcotic Weights and Measures
- Narcotics Packaging
- Police Procedure re Handling of Evidence
- Undercover Tactics
- Money Laundering
Background Experience - Prior to founding S.E.C. Group, Inc., Mr. Smith worked with the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia for 30 years, the last 13 years in the Narcotics and Special Investigations Unit. He has been recognized as the Resident Narcotic Expert by the DC Superior Court and the US District Court of Washington, DC. Mr. Smith has been awarded over 20 citations and commendations for achievements in law enforcement as a Grade 2 Detective.
Selected Career Highlight:
- Selected as the Lead Investigator on several narcotic cases-supervising the coordinating of all appropriate personnel and required organizational efforts
- Participated in over 1,000 narcotic related investigations with the MPD and other agencies such as the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), Military Services, and Local Police Department
- Worked extensively in an “undercover” capacity on over 100 assignments to combat illegal narcotic activities
- Provided courtroom “expert testimony” in over 1,000 cases involving the prosecution of narcotic offenses