Paul M. Adler, DO, FACEP, MBA
, Medical Director for the Ventura County, California, Department of Corrections, has worked in Correctional / Jail/ Prison Medicine
since 1995. He has overseen the care of inmates in Jails in California and New York, as well as Prison inmates who have been transferred to county facilities to serve their terms for years in county jails in California. He has also overseen Correctional health car in locked units in Hospitals .
Dr. Adler is the President-Elect of The American Correctional Health Services Association of California / Nevada, which represents all clinicians and administrators in Jails/Prisons in California and Nevada. He previously oversaw a County Hospital, County Nursing Home and ran a County Health Department and oversaw Correctional healthcare for the Westchester, New York Jail.
- Dr. Adler has defended Jails and Prisons in Southern California, Idaho, Texas, North Carolina, New York, Pennsylvania, etc. He has been involved in Plaintiff litigation in many states including against Rikers Island, NY and Cook County Jail.
Dr. Adler still works as a full-time practicing physician and has helped attorneys and insurance companies in Emergency Medicine, Nursing Home Medicine, Public Health
and Hospital Administration
since 1985. Dr. Adler is available to review and consult on clinical Correctional/Jail/Prison cases for attorneys for both Plaintiff and Defense.
- Screen Cases for Merit
- Review, Analyze and interpret Medical Records
- Provide Basic or Comprehensive Written Reports
- Interpret Standards of Care, Deviation and Adherences as they Relate to Correctional Health Care
- Develop Chronological Time Lines
- Policy and Procedure Development