Shakir Shatnawi, PhD, PE
, specializes in Transportation Engineering and Pavement Design
and has over 27 years of practical and extensive engineering and transportation expertise covering industry and public agencies including the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). As President of Shatec Engineering Consultants, LLC, he directs engineering operations and performs pavement studies and investigations.
- Dr. Shatnawi served as a principal investigator on multi-million dollar pavement projects. He taught highway and transportation engineering at California State University. He was the QC/QA program manager, the chief of the Pavement Design and Rehabilitation and the chief of Pavement Preservation, and served as the Caltrans State Pavement Engineer. He directed Caltrans’ Pavement Program as a Division Chief and oversaw over 50,000 lane miles with a budget of over $200 million in pavement preservation and over $500 million in pavement rehabilitation.
- Dr. Shatnawi provides expert witness services, expert testimony, and litigation support to legal entities and attorneys representing both Plaintiff and Defense. His services include dispute resolution and failure and forensic engineering analysis and investigations on cases related to:
View Dr. Shatnawi's Consulting Profile
- Accident Reconstruction
- Highway Design Standards
- Highway Specifications / Guidelines
- Public Agency Policies / Practices
- Highway Geometric Design
- Highway Repairs / Maintenance
|Construction Quality Control / Quality AssuranceConstruction ClaimsSurface Conditions - Friction, Skid ResistancePotholes / RoughnessTrafficHighway SafetySignageSight Distance RequirementsRoadside HazardsADA RequirementsCode Violations|