KBS Consulting and Expert Witness (KBS) is a privately owned Healthcare Compliance consulting firm serving the healthcare industry since 1996. Principal of KBS, Kimberly A. Baldwin-Stried-Reich, MBA, MJ, PBCI, CPHIMS, RHIA, CEDS, CPHQ, FAHIMA, is a Health Care Compliance consultant with over 30 year of experience in various healthcare settings.
KBS Consulting services focus on:
- Healthcare Regulatory Compliance (HIPAA)
- Operations Work Redesign
- Management Facilitation
- Healthcare Contracts
- Medical Invoicing
- Medical Collections
Ms. Reich holds a Master’s of Business (MBA) from the Lake Forest Graduate School of Management, a Master’s of Jurisprudence (MJ) in Health Law and Policy from the Loyola School of Law - Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy in Chicago, IL and a Post Baccalaureate in Clinical Informatics (PBCI) from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Clinical Informatics Certificate Program.
Ms. Reich is the first Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) to complete the Johns Hopkins Division of Health Sciences Informatics Certificate Program and certification in EDiscovery. She is the lead author of the 2012 AHIMA publication "E-Discovery and Electronic Records" a first of its kind healthcare e-discovery resources.
Ms. Reich is a national speaker and author on the topics of health information operations, e-discovery, information governance, and healthcare compliance. She is also the lead author on the first of its kind e-discovery healthcare resource guide, E-Discovery and Electronic Records, by AHIMA Press (May, 2012).
- Assistance in development of policies and procedures for healthcare regulatory compliance programs
- Assistance in client preparation for Department of Insurance review and investigation
- Management of a large health information management work redesigns engagement for a 900-bed facility
- Information management planning and facilitation for executive management
- ICD-9-CM and CPT4 coding compliance and medical record documentation reviews, on both inpatient and outpatient medical records
- Medical records and quality management operations integration for a 350-bed Midwestern medical center
View Kimberly A. Reich's Expert Witness Profile.
Kimberly A. Baldwin-Stried Reich, et al
This is a resource guide for healthcare professionals that focuses on the process of electronic discovery (e-discovery) and describes best practices in electronic records management for healthcare document retention and production. This guide will assist healthcare professionals in understanding e-discovery, development of litigation response plans, identification of key business practices, and the development of potential best business practices for healthcare.