*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Special Education Expert Witnesses: 6
Dr. Joseph S. Schwartzberg, is an Educational Consultant / Expert Witness who provides consultation and testimony on cases involving students with disabilities and School safety matters.. Dr. Schwartzberg was responsible for developing and administering legally compliant special education and general programs for 35 school districts in NY before doing likewise for the 14 districts of North San Diego County. For 13 years, he served as the Senior Director of the North Coastal Consortium for Special Education for the San Diego County Office of Education.
Litigation Support - Dr. Schwartzberg has provided expert witness services to counsel representing both plaintiff and defense in state,federal as well as family court.
Areas of Expertise:
- School Safety
- Standards of Care
- Other Agency Responsibilities
- Non-public Schools
- Appropriate Programming for Students with Disabilities
Certification / Credentials:
- School Administrator and Supervisor (SAS)
- School District Administrator (SDA)
- Professional Clear Administrative Services Credential
- Professional Clear Single Subject Teaching Credential : Health Science
- Learning Disabilities, Emotionally Handicapped, General Special Education
- Nursery, Kindergarten, Grades 1-6
- Health and special classes of the orthopedically and similarly handicapped
- Teacher of children with special learning handicaps
Professional consultation for schools, attorneys and individuals. Court-qualified education administration, liability, school review and special education expert. More than 30 years experience in education. National practice.
DOCTORATE: Rutgers University - Education Administration.
MASTERS: College of NJ - Special Education. MASTERS: Franklin Pierce Law Center - Education Law.
LAWYERS - Document review. Case analysis, development and litigation support. Expert reports. Deposition and trial testimony. School evaluations and comparisons for matrimonial issues.
SCHOOLS - Liability and management assessments. Policy review and recommendations. Program review and development. Special seminars.
Virginia Rhodes, EdD has an extensive background in public schooling with over 35 years of experience in duty of care: teacher, principal, hiring, supervision, evaluation and instruction in K-12 settings. Her work in research, and as a school board member in a large district grounds her expertise in school policy and district and administrative function. As principal and policy-maker, Dr. Rhodes was known for her work in reclaiming failing high schools, including moving an Ohio high school from 8% passage on the state science test to 54.5% in 2 years, collaboratively, within a contractual environment. Dr. Rhodes provides expert witness research, reports & testimony for districts and law firms, representing both plaintiff and defense. Dr. Rhodes' services are available nationally and internationally, as she is culturally competent,traveling, presenting at conferences and observing schools. Previous cases have included student injury, & death, religious/race, disability discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual abuse, administrative supervision, teacher supervision, actions of paraprofessionals including teacher assistants, security guards, and school resource officers, as well as school evaluations & recommendations for domestic cases.
Areas of expertise include:
- School and district disciplinary policy & practices
- Standards of care and duty for administrative, teacher and school staff
- Teacher training/evaluation, administrative training
- School climate, culture, SEL (social-emotional learning), trauma-informed practice
- Diversity issues within personnel and student settings
- Urban school research & new trends in teacher leadership
- Deposition & court testimony, document review & analysis
- STEM, environmental, magnet, and other specialty programming
- Conditions Affecting Low-income Students: Mobility, Poverty, Trauma, Discrimination, Bias
- Challenges of hIgh poverty schools
- Innovative & 21st century practices
- Academic achievement and program development
- Organizational planning & development
Child Safety Expert Witness Sherryll Kraizer
460 S. Marion Parkway
Sherryll Kraizer, Ph.D., is an internationally recognized expert and author in child sexual abuse, bullying, special education, and child safety.
Background Experience - Dr. Kraizer was on the ground floor of the child abuse prevention field in the early ‘80s, working with the C. Henry Kempe National Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect and founding the Coalition for Children. She has written articles, books and curricula that address recognition, prevention, and reporting of child abuse (including sexual, physical, emotional and neglect). She also has expertise in the areas of Title IX, bullying, school safety, special education, and duty to supervise in a wide variety of settings.
Working with schools, religious organizations, community groups, and treatment facilities, Dr. Kraizer has a deep and historically accurate understanding of the standard of care, policies and procedures, training, and supervision consistent with protecting children as they have evolved over time from the 1960's forward.
Dr. Kraizer has extensive experience in cases involving child abuse and bullying in youth-serving organizations and institutional settings (i.e. schools, churches, foster care, youth groups, daycare, treatment centers, residential facilities and hospitals), failure to properly train and supervise staff, failure to supervise children, child injury and death cases, abuse by teachers, clergy or staff members and child-on-child abuse. She is qualified to assess standard of care, policies, procedures, best practices and questions of negligence.
Litigation Support - Since 1992, Dr. Kraizer has worked nationally for plaintiffs and defendants alike. Understanding the issues on both sides, she is able to review your case and advise you on the strength of the evidence, areas for further discovery, deposition, and trial preparation. As a forensic expert, she can assist you in asking the right questions to make informed decisions about each case.
Dr. Kraizer has extensive experience in cases involving:
- Child Abuse or Injury/Accidents in Institutional Settings (i.e. private and public schools, churches, foster care, youth groups, daycare, treatment centers, residential facilities, and hospitals)
- Abuse Over Time (1960's forward) Involving Multiple Victims
- Child Sexual Abuse and Assault, Physical Abuse, Emotional Abuse and Neglect
- Boundary Violation
- Standard of Care, Negligence and Best Practices
- Policies and Procedures
- Staff training and Supervision
- Failure to Supervise
- Sexual Abuse by Teachers, Clergy, Staff Members, Volunteers, and Child-On-Child Abuse
- Sexual Harassment and Misconduct Title IX
- Bullying and Interpersonal Violence
- Wrongful Death
Dr. Imber also addresses the needs of Children, Adolescents and Adults concerning Attention Deficit Disorder, Learning and Behavioral Disabilities for Children and Adolescents, Learning Disabilities for Adults and Forensic Evaluation.
A noted author and speaker, Dr. Imber has been a Presenter and/or Session Leader at several National Council for Exceptional Children's Conferences as well as several State and Regional Conferences, LRP Annual National Conference on Legal Issues of Educating Individuals with Disabilities.
New York location:
61-43 186th Street
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Erin O’Callaghan BS, MA, JD, CRC, NCC, LPC, CLCP, is a Life Care Planner, Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant, and Licensed Attorney with over 15 years of experience as a Rehabilitation Professional. Ms. O’Callaghan has consistently provided the highest standards of professional ethics while staying current with the needs of modern and complex litigation. Her experience and training gives a unique perspective as a forensic rehabilitation evaluator. She has an in depth understanding of the evidentiary requirements of an expert’s evaluation and conclusion, including the importance of following an accepted methodology in the process and preparation of an opinion. Ms. O’Callaghan is a member of the International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals, International Academy of Life Care Planners, Michigan Rehabilitation Association, and the Michigan Bar Association. She is also a qualified Vocational Expert by the Social Security Administration. Erin O’Callaghan has been providing Litigation Support to counsel for Plaintiff and Defense for 15 years. She has provided over 1,000 cost projections and has testified in both Federal and State cases. Ms. O’Callaghan has specialized knowledge of the Affordable Care Act, Social Security issues and Medicare Set Asides. Her services include case management, earning capacity evaluations, life care planning and lien disputes. Litigation Support Services for:
- Tortious Injury / Negligence
- Medical Malpractice
- Worker's Compensation
- Auto No Fault
- Wrongful Death
- Long Term Disability
- Lien dispute
- Special Education