Arthur S. Chancellor is a Law Enforcement Expert with over 40 years of experience, including 30+ years as a Special Agent, supervisor, and Commander with the US Army Criminal Investigation Division. He is currently serving as an Instructor and Consultant at Second Look Training and Forensic Consulting, LLC.
Litigation Support - Mr. Chancellor has personally investigated or supervised several thousand felony investigations which occurred on a military base or in the civilian community. He has processed over 200 homicide death scenes and qualified multiple times as an expert witness in the area of Crime Scene Analysis and Crime Scene Examination. His mission is to provide an accurate evaluation of criminal investigations and crime scenes for prosecutors or defense to enable them to make informed decisions about their case.
Mr. Chancellor's focus in the last 15 years is on death and sexual offenses. His specialty is Staged Crime Scenes also known as Staging which is a crime scene alteration made by an offender to misdirect a criminal investigation. His most recent consultations have centered on homicides staged to resemble some other event or in false sexual assaults.
Areas of Expertise:
- Crime Scene Analysis
- Staged Crime Scene Analysis
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis
- False Rape Claims
- Adult Sexual Assault Investigations
- Suicide Investigations
- Military Investigations
- Violent Crimes Investigations
- Homicide Investigations
- Victim Impact
- American Academy Forensic Science (AAFS) Fellow status
- Member International Homicide Investigators Association (IHIA)
- International Association for Identification (IAI)
- North Carolina Homicide Investigator Association (NCHIA)
View Second Look Training and Forensic Consulting Profile.