Dr. Ray Nettleton
is a global Telecommunications, Satellite, Cellular, and Wireless Networks
expert with over 40 years of experience in his field. He offers consulting services to start-up companies and entrepreneurs internationally.
- Co-founder, Senior Vice President and CTO, Formus Communications: Participated in creation of business and strategic plans; Company was valued at $1B three years after founding
- Evaluated and advised on choices of wireless technology for multiple startups with aggregate value over $1B
- Invented and patented the first CDMA cellular telephone system, leading to the development of a multi-billion dollar, 1B+ -subscriber global industry
- Invented a covert airborne 60GHz voice modem using FFT for Doppler tracking in flight. Result: $200m production contract with Air Force
- Invented an early “smart tag” for field-powered labeling (RFID) of goods and containers. The RFID market is now worth about $5B
- Business and Technical Feasibility and Due Diligence
- Technical and Market Strategy
- Regulatory Affairs
Dr. Nettleton's consulting clients include Ball Wireless, Milcom Technologies, MCI, Avantel de Mexico, United International Holdings, Wireless Spectrum Inc., Vesuvius Inc., Superconducting Core Technologies, iSherpa, Sequel, Motorola, NASA, United States Navy and Air Force, and others. He has performed services for companies in the UK, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Bolivia, Colombia, Argentina, South Africa, most of Europe, Korea, India, China, Japan, Philippines, etc.
View Dr. Nettleton's Expert Witness Profile