Elliott M. Stein, MD
is Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
in General Psychiatry (October, 1979), and in Geriatric Psychiatry
(April, 1991; Re-Certified, December, 2001, and in April, 2011). Caring for the elderly for over 40 years, Dr. Stein has received numerous honors and awards for his contribution to his field.
For 33 years, Dr. Stein was in the Private Practice of Geriatric Psychiatry in Miami and Miami Beach, Florida. His experience includes working with the elderly in various settings, including having been Medical Director for the Community Mental Health Center of Miami Beach, Medical Director of an Inpatient Geriatric Psychiatry program, and Medical Director of an Inpatient Mood Disorder program, as well as consulting at Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and other facilities.
Dr. Stein is currently the Director of Psychiatry at the Jewish Home of San Francisco. The Medical Director of their Geriatric Psychiatry Hospital, he treats older individuals from all over the San Francisco Bay area, typically people who have complex combination of psychiatric and medical problems.
Dr. Stein is a Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine. He is also the author/co-author of teaching and professional materials, including books and book chapters, and articles in the professional literature.
View Dr. Stein's Expert Witness Profile
- Contested Wills and Trusts
- Testamentary Capacity, Undue Influence, Insane Delusions
- Geriatric Competence
- Dementia and Delirium, Alzheimer’s Disease
- Geriatric Psychiatry Evaluation and Treatment, Psychiatric Medication, Psychotherapeutic Issues
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Relationship Problems between the Elderly and their Adult Children
- Aging and Mental Disorders
- Geriatric Psychiatry issues concerning Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Independent and Assisted Living Facilities
- Medicare Psychiatric Services Coding and Documentation