Arthur B. Kagan, FSA, EA, is one of the most qualified Actuaries and Pension Plan consultants in the country. In his over 40 year career, he has helped thousands of plan sponsors with the management of their company’s retirement plans, as well as hundreds of thousands of plan participants with their pension benefits.
Mr. Kagan served as the President and sole owner of a third party administration (TPA) and actuarial consulting firm for 26 years serving 650 plans; Previously, he was president and partner of aTPA and actuarial firm serving 1400 plans. He is fully credentialed in actuarial valuations, plan funding, and present value calculations:
Mr. Kagan serves large, mid-size, and small plans covering all industries and all employer types. He specialize in all aspects of:
Mr. Kagan has presented many seminars on recent developments in pension plan industry and creative plan design to the Desert Estate Planning Council, California CPA Society, AXA Advisors, and various financial advisory and CPA firms. He has also presented seminars on Life Insurance in Qualified Retirement Plans to Financial Planning Association of Los Angeles.
Vera Dolan is an epidemiologist with over 30 years of experience in the life and health insurance industries. She is one of the leading mortality experts in the life insurance industry. She writes underwriting manuals and policy and procedure manuals for life and health insurance companies.
Vera has testified in both state and federal court, and has been retained in over 150 cases since 2006 for plaintiffs and defense on an equal basis. She is very credible testifying in deposition and on the stand.
* Life expectancies that are personalized and accurate to the standards of the life insurance and life settlement industries. Addresses the cases when life expectancies that are simply taken from a life table or estimated by a doctor, actuary or biostatistician are too long, too short, insufficient or not credible. Addresses the cases when a complete insight into the individual's medical conditions and/or personal history of high-risk behaviors is needed to assist the judge or jury in their decision. This information often decides the case, see article for details.
* Expert in bad faith/wrongful denial of life/health insurance claims.
* Expert in life/health insurance underwriting material misrepresentation.
* Expert in medical risk assessment and underwriting issues.
* Expert in life insurance underwriting policies and procedures.
* Expert in epidemiology. Previous cases include infectious diseases, occupational and environmental exposures, pesticides and tobacco.
* Approved life expectancy expert with the U.S. Department of Justice.
* Active consultant to the life insurance industry conducting cohort mortality studies, and writing underwriting and policy and procedure manuals.
* Over 100 articles published on mortality research and underwriting.
* Friendly, clear, concise, objective and quantitative.
* There is no charge for the initial phone consultation.
* There is no charge for travel time.
EXPERTISE IN: 1. The pathobiology, clinico-pathologic correlation, and histopathologic diagnosis of: diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, rectum, anus, liver, and pancreas. 2. Human neoplasms (cancer) and preneoplastic conditions. 3. Establishing standard of care, causation and cause of death.
BACKGROUND: 1. Anatomic Pathology Residency: Washington Univ-Barnes Hospital 1991-94. 2. Oncologic Pathology Fellowship: M.D. Anderson Cancer Center 1994-95. 3. Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology Fellowship: Harvard-Brigham & Womens Hospital 1995-96. 4. Instructor at Harvard Medical School: 1996-1998. 5. Assistant Professor and Director of Gastrointestinal Pathology Division at Univ. of Texas Health Science Center-Hermann Hospital, Houston Medical Center: 08/1998 - 12/2000. 6. Staff GI Pathologist and Quality Assurance Director at Caris/Miraca Life Sciences, Dallas TX: 01/2001 - 04/2012. 7. Staff Pathologist, Anatomic Pathology Division of the North Shore-LIJ Health System, Long Island NY: 05/2013 - 05/2015. 8. Staff Pathologist, Anatomic Pathology Division of Alliance Health Sciences, Dallas TX: 01/2016 - present. 9. Sole Proprietor of Expert Pathology Consultation Services Laboratory since 01/2001.
Dr. Torres was instrumental in creating a rather unique model of Gastrointestinal Pathology subspecialty-focused laboratory, that during his 12 yrs tenure became one of the largest private national Anatomic Pathology laboratories-Caris/Miraca Life Sciences.
|University Center Office|
10500 University Center Drive
Tampa, FL 33612
|Hidden River Office|
8875 Hidden River Parkway, Suite 300
Tampa, Florida 33647
François Sestier, MD, PhD, FRCPC, FACC, DBIM, CIME, is a Cardiologist and Life Expectancy Calculation expert. He has over 40 years of experience in the field of medicine, 29 years as an Adult Cardiologist in the cath lab and 30 years as an Insurance Medical Officer.
Education - Dr. Sestier graduated from medical school in Nancy, France, 1967, where he obtained certification in Cardiology, Pneumology, Occupational Medicine, and Aeronautical Medicine. In Canada, since 1973, he obtained a Quebec certification in cardiology (CSPQ), and a fellowship in cardiology of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (FRCPc). Dr. Sestier also obtained a PhD in Experimental Medicine (McGill, 1977).
Experience - Dr. Sestier has been a staff cardiologist at CHUM, Montreal, medical director of Quebec Blue Cross since 1985 and medical director of PartnerRe since 20219. He received certifications from the American Board of Insurance Medicine (1995) and the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners (2011). As a medical officer for various insurance companies, he has reviewed thousands of applications for life Insurance, giving advice on the Mortality and Life Expectancy associated with the applicant's medical conditions.
Dr. Sestier - Life Expectancy Calculation
Litigation Support - Dr. Sestier's medico-legal advice is available to counsel representing both Plaintiff and Defense. He has performed life expectancy calculations for litigation purposes on topics as diverse as traumatology, traumatic brain injury, cognitive impairment, spinal cord injury, morbid obesity, diabetes, many different cardio-vascular pathologies, sudden death, stroke, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease, sleep apnea, liver cirrhosis, hepatitis B and C, and all kinds of cancers. He follows the actuarial methodology proposed by the American Academy of Insurance Medicine for his LE calculations.
Areas of Litigation Expertise:
Book chapter: Vachon P and Sestier F: Life expectancy calculation. In Life Care Planning, PMR clinics of North America, M. Lacerte and C. Johnson, ed., Elsevier publ. New York, August 2013, pp 539-551.