|University Center Office|
10500 University Center Drive
Tampa, FL 33612
|Hidden River Office|
8875 Hidden River Parkway, Suite 300
Tampa, Florida 33647
Vera Dolan is an epidemiologist with over 30 years of experience in the life and health insurance industries. She is one of the leading mortality experts in the life insurance industry. She writes underwriting manuals and policy and procedure manuals for life and health insurance companies.
Vera has testified in both state and federal court, and has been retained in over 150 cases since 2006 for plaintiffs and defense on an equal basis. She is very credible testifying in deposition and on the stand.
* Life expectancies that are personalized and accurate to the standards of the life insurance and life settlement industries. Addresses the cases when life expectancies that are simply taken from a life table or estimated by a doctor, actuary or biostatistician are too long, too short, insufficient or not credible. Addresses the cases when a complete insight into the individual's medical conditions and/or personal history of high-risk behaviors is needed to assist the judge or jury in their decision. This information often decides the case, see article for details.
* Expert in bad faith/wrongful denial of life/health insurance claims.
* Expert in life/health insurance underwriting material misrepresentation.
* Expert in medical risk assessment and underwriting issues.
* Expert in life insurance underwriting policies and procedures.
* Expert in epidemiology. Previous cases include infectious diseases, occupational and environmental exposures, pesticides and tobacco.
* Approved life expectancy expert with the U.S. Department of Justice.
* Active consultant to the life insurance industry conducting cohort mortality studies, and writing underwriting and policy and procedure manuals.
* Over 100 articles published on mortality research and underwriting.
* Friendly, clear, concise, objective and quantitative.
* There is no charge for the initial phone consultation.
* There is no charge for travel time.
Arthur B. Kagan, FSA, EA , is one of the most qualified Actuaries and Pension Plan consultants in the country. In his over 40 year career, he has helped thousands of plan sponsors with the management of their company’s retirement plans, as well as hundreds of thousands of plan participants with their pension benefits.
Litigation Support - Since selling his firm, Mr. Kagan has been involved in approximately 10 expert witness cases for attorneys in various specialty areas, including class actions. He specializes in qualified and non-qualified retirement plans under ERISA law. With an FSA, the highest educational designation for actuaries, and an EA, an enrolled actuary which allows certification of pension plan valuations, he can serve as an expert witness in the following areas:
Degrees / Certifications - FSA, Fellow Society of Actuaries, EA Enrolled Actuary, FCAPP Fellow Conference of Actuaries in Public Practice, Members of ASPPA, NIPA, and Western Pension and Benefits Conference, FINRA securities license, and life / health insurance agent license with State of California.