*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Nuclear Medicine Expert Witnesses: 2
- Expert Witness - Medical malpractice, misadministration, medical event (Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine)
- Expert Witness - Radiation exposure, radiation dose, radioactivity and radiobiological calculations
- Expert Witness – Patent infringement (intellectual property all categories)
- Expert Witness – Medical physics, supervision of (medical physicist, dosimetrist, radiation therapist, radiologic technologist)
- Expert Witness - Termination of employment
Michael S. Gossman, M.S., DABR, FAAPM, is a Board Certified Qualified Expert Medical Physicist, an honorary Fellow of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM), and the Chief Medical Physicist & Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) in Radiation Oncology at a clinic in Indiana. Chief Gossman is directly and ultimately responsible for all technical and scientific aspects of cancer treatment. He directly supervises and oversees efforts from staff medical physicists, dosimetrists, radiation therapists and x-ray technologists.
Chief Gossman is the highest ranking scientist in medicine and has been in the field for 24 years. Chief Gossman's expertise involves the safe, effective and precise delivery of radiation to achieve the therapeutic result prescribed in patient care by radiation oncologists striving to treat cancer patients with particle accelerators and radioactive material.
Extra-professionally, Chief Gossman is retired as the Interim Editor-in-Chief and Editorial Board Member for the Medical Dosimetry Journal, Editorial Board Member for the Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, served four years as a Medical Consultant to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and was a veteran Accreditation Site Reviewer for both the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO). He was a 2-term Ohio River Valley Chapter President of the AAPM, and was also formerly a Graduate School Professor of Clinical Medical Physics at Wright State University.
As an expert in radiation safety, dosimetry, detector measurements, particle accelerator and radioactive material calibrations, and radioactive material handling, Chief Gossman is a highly respected medical physicist by medical physicists nationally. He is also the owner of Regulation Directive Medical Physics, which he created as a consulting company, providing services for medical physics, dosimetry, medical device testing, and expert witness efforts.
- Medical expert witness
- Medical consultant
- Legal consultant
- Review of: medical event, malpractice, and misadministration
- Regulatory compliance
- Investigation and audits
- Independent medical evaluation of the probable deterministic effects of radiation exposures
- Facility practice vs. standards review
- Accreditation preparation
- Shielding calculations
- Accelerator acceptance testing & commissioning
- Quality assurance
- Peer review of the Chief Medical Physicist
- Radiation measurements
- Radiation calculations
- Radiation safety
- Dose determination
- Calibration of medical accelerators
- Treatment planning
- Calculation of time and dose for treatment
- Handling, shipping, receiving, and storing radioactive material
- Calibrating radioactive material
- Regulatory compliance
- Interpretation of bioassay results and other data related to radiation exposure
- Calculation of internal and external radiation doses, as necessary
With training from Harvard, Yale, Columbia, and other top-tier institutions, Dr. Daniel Cousin is a dual-boarded fellowship-trained expert in Diagnostic Radiology in active clinical practice who offers same-day (<24 hr) turnarounds on radiology consultations.
Dr. Cousin has served as a Medical Director in private practice, and also as a Program Director for a residency program where he was responsible for teaching newly minted doctors to be radiologists. He has nearly two decades of experience in the field including both academic and private practices and both clinical and administrative positions. Dr. Cousin is currently the Clinical Director for BayView Radiology in Florida. He is board-certified by both the American Board of Radiology and also by the National Board of Physicians and Surgeons.
Litigation Support - Dr. Cousin is a pioneer in 4D demonstrative evidence, has an impressive lecturing and public speaking experience, presents well before juries, and has testified as an expert over 60 times in the last 4 years. As of 2021, his plaintiff defense split is approximately 50/50. Dr. Cousin offers Independent Medical Reviews (IMEs), Utilization Reviews, Medical Malpractice Reviews, Personal Injury Protection, Bodily Injury Reviews, Second Opinion Imaging Reviews, Re-Reads, and Worker's Compensation Reviews.
Areas of Expertise:
Harvard / Yale / Columbia-Trained, Dual-Boarded Radiologist - 24 hr turnaround (646) 303 3125.
Dr. Cousin can also be found on the following websites: