Peter J. Bondy FSA, MAAA, has more than 45 years of experience as an Actuary and a Financial Services Professional. He has served as a corporate executive, as a corporate director, and as a consultant domestically and internationally. Mr. Bondy has extensive experience with insurance company and reinsurer matters and practices ranging from basic business practices to matters involving financial projections and valuations as well as sales practices. He has served on corporate boards and brings a broad understanding of the issues involved. A published author, Mr. Bondy has delivered lectures and spoken frequently around the country. He is fluent in English and Spanish, his first language. Litigation Support - Having had experience with many complex projects throughout his career, Mr. Bondy is able to serve as an expert consultant or as an expert witness for complex matters and issues regarding annuities, insurance, reinsurance, emerging mortality, experience issues, and corporate matters. He provides a broad range of litigation support services to attorneys representing both plaintiff and defendant. Areas of Expertise
Burl Daniel, CPCU, CIC, CRM entered the Insurance Industry in 1973 and was an Insurance Agency Principal for twenty three years. He is retained as a Property and Casualty Insurance Expert Witness by attorneys representing policyholder insureds, carriers and third parties. Wide expertise in a majority of Property and Casualty insurance lines was developed over 40+ years. In the legal community he is well-known as responsive to attorney inquiries, depth of insurance experience and attention to detail. Credibility results from methodical analysis, independent research, concise reports and clear-cut answers to deposition and trial questions. Mr. Daniel maintains the professional designations CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter), CIC (Certified Insurance Counselor), and CRM (Certified Risk Manager) and holds a BBA-Insurance from the University of Texas. His teaching credentials include serving as Adjunct Professor of Insurance with two Texas universities; he holds Property-Casualty and Risk Manager licenses. Areas of Expertise:
Mr. Daniel has four decades insurance experience with a diverse set of industries:
Vera Dolan is an epidemiologist with over 30 years of experience in the life and health insurance industries. She is one of the leading mortality experts in the life insurance industry. She writes underwriting manuals and policy and procedure manuals for life and health insurance companies.
Vera has testified in both state and federal court, and has been retained in over 150 cases since 2006 for plaintiffs and defense on an equal basis. She is very credible testifying in deposition and on the stand.
* Life expectancies that are personalized and accurate to the standards of the life insurance and life settlement industries. Addresses the cases when life expectancies that are simply taken from a life table or estimated by a doctor, actuary or statistician are not sufficient, not credible or have been excluded. Studies have shown that doctors underestimate life expectancies and statisticians cannot provide accurate individual life expectancies. Addresses the cases when a complete insight into the individual's medical conditions and/or personal history of high-risk behaviors is needed to assist the judge or jury in their decision. This information often decides the case, see article for details.
* Expert in bad faith/wrongful denial of life/health insurance claims.
* Expert in life/health insurance underwriting material misrepresentation.
* Expert in medical risk assessment and underwriting issues.
* Expert in life insurance underwriting policies and procedures.
* Expert in epidemiology. Previous cases include infectious diseases, occupational and environmental exposures, pesticides and tobacco.
* Approved life expectancy expert with the U.S. Department of Justice.
* Active consultant to the life insurance industry conducting cohort mortality studies, and writing underwriting and policy and procedure manuals.
* Over 100 articles published on mortality research and underwriting.
* Friendly, clear, concise, objective and quantitative.
* There is no charge for the initial phone consultation.
* There is no charge for travel time.
Milliman’s Tampa Office provides Health Insurance, Health Care and Employee Benefit Consulting to law firms, insurance companies, hospitals, HMO’s, Blue Cross/Blue Shield plans, employers and government agencies. Our staff is experienced with medical, dental, long-term care, Medicare supplement & critical illness.
We assist clients nationwide with forensic actuarial work, rate filings, regulatory compliance, reserve projections, valuations, employee benefit analysis and design, mergers and acquisitions, demutualizations, claim cost analysis, and utilization management programs.
These health care services are used in litigation relating to: