. specializes in Tire Technology, Tire Compounding, Tire Processing, Tire Curing, and Performance Modeling
. Dedicated to providing top notch consulting and statistical services in the tire and rubber industry, DAAS has served tire manufacturing clients in the United States, Romania, China, India, and Poland.
- Technical Support - Optimization of Laboratory, Banbury, Extruder, Curing, and Calendaring processes
- Product Development - Material Evaluations and Component Formulations; Tire Design and Reinforcement for Radial Truck and Earthmover tires; Tire testing
- Technical Management - Statistical Scenarios to Improve Product Performance, Manufacturing Uniformity, and Quality
- JMP Statistical Modeling - Data Cleaning, Exploration, and Modeling Used to Troubleshoot Materials & Compound R&D, Product, Process, and Manufacturing
- Quality Assurance - Quality Specifications for Materials, Compounds, Components, Processing, and Tire Curing; Performance Models, and Quality Systems
- Expert Witness - Truck and Earthmover Tire and Compound Performance, Tire Removal, and Fleet analysis
, President of DAAS Inc., has over 50 years of Tire Technology and Applied Statistics
experience. He trains and consults tire companies on Tire Design, Tire Materials and Compound Formulations, Tire Curing, rubber processing, quality control, tire, compound, and materials testing.
Mr. Spadone was employed by Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co in International Technical Service and Domestic Tire Development for over 43 years and by Eurotire Inc for 6 years as the Chief Technical Officer. he is an experienced Materials Product Developer for Radial Light Truck Tires, Radial Medium Truck Tires, Farm Tires, and Off-Road Radial Earthmover Tires.
Mr. Spadone has authored numerous tire technology conference papers for the ACS Rubber Division, ITEC, and JMP Discovery including Truck & Passenger Tire Testing, Treadwear prediction, Rubber Mixing, and Earthmover TMPH. Articles have been published in Rubber and Plastics News
and The Quality Digest
. He has specialized training in Statistics, 6-Sigma, Technical Management, and SAS & JMP statistics and programming.
Regression Model to Predict Tire Performance: Paired Design ExperimentView Leighton Spadone's Expert Witness Profile
This is a personal injury case in which a car windshield was smashed and the driver injured by a tire that "came off" a truck that the car was following on a high-speed interstate highway. The car driver was hospitalized and the car towed. The truck had one of its rear tires replaced and then departed the scene of the accident.
A London based arbitration process for breach of a contract to purchase tires brought by an International Earthmover Tire Manufacturer, plaintiff, against an International Mining Company, defendant. The Mining Company contractually agreed to order a specified number of tires or to pay 40% of the agreed selling price for any tires not ordered. This is referred to as a “Take or Pay” arrangement. The tire manufacturer contracted to produce tires that met the Tire and Rim Association OTR Handbook standards. The manufacturer did not guarantee tire performance, in terms of any performance measure.