Andrew Shedlin, BA, JD, CRX, CLS, CSM
, is an acknowledged industry leader in the field of Real Estate Leasing
. He specializes in consulting on the Development and Leasing of Shopping Centers & Airports
for both developers and retailers.
Mr. Shedlin serves as a developer and consultant for dozens of shopping center landlords. He also has extensive experience in Airport Retail and Restaurants
as both landlord and tenant. Mr. Shedlin has developed or redeveloped more than 35,000,000 square feet of shopping centers as principal or consultant and at all of the top 50 airports in the US, and negotiated more than 15,000 leases as principal, consultant, landlord or tenant (as a business person and attorney), his clients have included dozens of international, national, regional, and local retailers and restaurants.
Mr. Shedlin is a longtime member of ICSC’s faculty of the John T. Riordan School for Professional Development and a founding member of ICSC’s CLS Admissions and Governing Committee. He has received the ICSC Trustee’s Distinguished Award, serves on the ICSC Illinois State Committee and was previously NY/NJ state director for ICSC. Mr. Shedlin has taught at both Columbia University Graduate School of Business and Georgetown University Law School and holds a JD from Boston University. He frequently lectures at business schools, law schools, and for industry groups on Shopping Center Leasing, Understanding Leases, and Business Ethics.
- Considered the definitive industry expert in negotiating and interpreting shopping center and airport leases, Andrew Shedlin has worked as an expert on dozens of landlord / tenant disputes involving Interpretation and Enforcement of Leases
. He has worked with major law firms in numerous cities throughout the US. His services are available to counsel representing plaintiff and defendant and include written reports, depositions, and trial testimony as needed.
Areas of Expertise
- Mall Leasing
- Airport Leasing
- Landlord / Tenant Disputes
|Lease InterpretationLease EnforcementShopping Center Development and Redevelopment|
- Halperin, Shivitz, Scholer & Steingut - Associate
- Arlen Shopping Centers - Executive Vice President & Counsel
- Equity Properties and Development Company - Executive Vice President (responsible for leasing and development)
- Previously owned and operated 2 retail businesses
- Facilitated entry of several international retailers into the US market
- Authored several chapters in real estate publications on subjects of leasing and understanding the lease
- Co-authored definitive audio tape on lease negotiations
- Frequently quoted in media publications