Patrick Jean-Philip Burger, AIA
, has been a licensed Architect
for 29 years, a licensed General Contractor for over 30 years, a Property Inspector for over 24 years, and has been providing Claims Consulting and Expert Services for over 24 years.
In addition to designing, building and/or inspecting Single Family Residences, Town Homes, Condominiums, Restaurants, Supermarkets, Churches and small commercial projects throughout the bay area, he has worked overseas as an Architectural Consultant and Construction Manager for the construction of Department Stores, Supermarkets, and Hi-Rise Condominiums.
Architectural and Inspection Services
- Mr. Burger has been designing and building houses, estate homes, restaurants, supermarkets, condominiums, and other unique projects for over 30 years. He services are available in Oakland, Union City, Los Altos Hills, Los Altos, and in the Metropolitan Bay Area.
Mr. Burger also provides Inspection Services, performing detailed, comprehensive property inspections. He is President of the San Francisco Peninsula Chapter of the California Real Estate Inspection Association and a Certified CREIA Trainer.
- Mr. Burger has extensive experience in Litigation Inspections, Insurance Inspections, and Construction Stage Inspections. He has been qualified as an Expert Witness in both Residential Construction and Residential Architecture
, at depositions, jury trials, bench trials, arbitration, and settlement conferences on over 80 cases.
Professional Forensic Expertise
- Planning & Permit Analysis - Evaluation of compliance with all project entitlement, code & permit requirements.
- Contract Document Analysis - Review of Architectural and Structural Drawings; M-E-P Drawings; Specifications and As-Built Drawings; Correspondence & Field Reports; Accounting and Contract Review; and, Consultant Liability and Liability Allocation.
- Constructed Elements Evaluation - Review of Site and Structure(s); Detailed analysis of Construction Defects - for all trades and all CSI Divisions; Code infractions & non-compliance; and, High Resolution Digital Photo Documentation.
- Comprehensive Reports - Preliminary and Summary Construction Defects Reports include, for each defect: Nature of Defect; Extent of Defect; Consequential Damages; Liability Allocation; Recommendations for Repair; and Estimated Cost of Repairs.