A. Chasby Sacks, MD, CIME, MB BCh, FAACS., FICS
, is a Plastic Surgeon and is board certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
and he is also a full Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He has been in private practice for 40 years.
Dr. Sacks is a member of the American Society of Liposuction Surgery, the American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery, and is a Fellow of the International College of Surgeons. He has served on the Board of Trustees of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery where he also has served as Treasurer. Dr. Sacks currently is a Trustee of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, has served as their Treasurer, and is also an examiner for this Board's examination process.
- Dr. Sacks has performed over 18,000 cosmetic procedures to-date and has an excellent reputation both nationally and internationally. He has lectured at international scientific Cosmetic Surgery meetings and has been published in a textbook on Body Contouring as well as in various national magazine articles on Cosmetic Surgery.
Dr. Sacks - Informational Video on Plastic SurgeryLitigation Support
- Dr. Sacks specializes in pre-trial / pre-litigation medical consulting to attorneys. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners (ABIME), holds the prestigious CIME certification, and is also a member in good standing of the American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians (AADEP), now called IAIME or International Academy of Independent Medical Examiners.
Dr. Sacks has consulted on many hundreds of legal cases covering a broad range of medical issues and questions. He has experience in personal injury, worker's compensation, insurance bad faith, and many other kinds of cases.
- Disability Evaluation for Workmen's Compensation
- Interpretation of Meaning
- Medical Summary Reports
- IME Observation and Rebuttal Reports
- Medical Research
- Liaison to Treating Doctors
|Assessment of Future Medical CostsMedical Case CoordinationIndependent Record ReviewsQuestion Preparation for Depositions / CourtFacilitation with Service / Government AgenciesTableside Deposition & Court Assistance|
Recently we were asked to attend an IME and was struck by how unprepared the client was for the exam. Throughout the IME this person gave answers that we believe could potentially be detrimental to his case. The client spoke up in an effort to be helpful and forthright. These answers were volunteered without prompting by the examining doctor. It was difficult to sit through the IME as an observer and not ask the client to only answer the questions asked and not volunteer information that could be misconstrued by the IME Physician. The position must be taken that IME physicians may be no less susceptible to secondary gain issues than some clients.
1986: Crocket, Dolsky, Lack, Leventhal, Nathanson and Jackson visited London, France and Italy, observing surgeons using different modalities at that time and then brought back their information and openly taught liposuction in the United States under the auspices of the AACS. Other early teachers were Elam, Fenno, Tobin and others.