Use an experienced nurse with your Life Care Plans and legal cases. Dr. Turkington's extensive experience translates into details that matter.
Dr. Kirsten Turkington is a Certified Nurse Life Care Planner and board certified Family Nurse Practitioner with multistate nursing licensure. Dr. Turkington provides life care plan construction and reviews, cost estimations, care coordination, and case management services. She maintains an active clinical practice and focuses on Life Care Plans and cost estimates for litigation and nonlitigation, insurance and medical concerns; plaintiff and defense clients; families, individuals, estates, trusts and financial planners.
Dr. Turkington's clinical background encompasses the continuum of clinical care. Experience includes pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric care across Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, Neurosurgical, Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing and outpatient disciplines.
Dr. Turkington is a published author and experienced presenter as well as a National Registry certified EMT (NREMT).
Diagnoses (but not limited to):
Vera Dolan is an epidemiologist with over 30 years of experience in the life and health insurance industries. She is one of the leading mortality experts in the life insurance industry. She writes underwriting manuals and policy and procedure manuals for life and health insurance companies.
Vera has testified in both state and federal court, and has been retained in over 150 cases since 2006 for plaintiffs and defense on an equal basis. She is very credible testifying in deposition and on the stand.
* Life expectancies that are personalized and accurate to the standards of the life insurance and life settlement industries. Addresses the cases when life expectancies that are simply taken from a life table or estimated by a doctor, actuary or biostatistician are too long, too short, insufficient or not credible. Addresses the cases when a complete insight into the individual's medical conditions and/or personal history of high-risk behaviors is needed to assist the judge or jury in their decision. This information often decides the case, see article for details.
* Expert in bad faith/wrongful denial of life/health insurance claims.
* Expert in life/health insurance underwriting material misrepresentation.
* Expert in medical risk assessment and underwriting issues.
* Expert in life insurance underwriting policies and procedures.
* Expert in epidemiology. Previous cases include infectious diseases, occupational and environmental exposures, pesticides and tobacco.
* Approved life expectancy expert with the U.S. Department of Justice.
* Active consultant to the life insurance industry conducting cohort mortality studies, and writing underwriting and policy and procedure manuals.
* Over 100 articles published on mortality research and underwriting.
* Friendly, clear, concise, objective and quantitative.
* There is no charge for the initial phone consultation.
* There is no charge for travel time.