Vera Dolan is an epidemiologist with over 30 years of experience in the life and health insurance industries. She is one of the leading mortality experts in the life insurance industry. She writes underwriting manuals and policy and procedure manuals for life and health insurance companies.
Vera has testified in both state and federal court, and has been retained in over 150 cases since 2006 for plaintiffs and defense on an equal basis. She is very credible testifying in deposition and on the stand.
* Life expectancies that are personalized and accurate to the standards of the life insurance and life settlement industries. Addresses the cases when life expectancies that are simply taken from a life table or estimated by a doctor, actuary or statistician are not sufficient, not credible or have been excluded. Studies have shown that doctors underestimate life expectancies and statisticians cannot provide accurate individual life expectancies. Addresses the cases when a complete insight into the individual's medical conditions and/or personal history of high-risk behaviors is needed to assist the judge or jury in their decision. This information often decides the case, see article for details.
* Expert in bad faith/wrongful denial of life/health insurance claims.
* Expert in life/health insurance underwriting material misrepresentation.
* Expert in medical risk assessment and underwriting issues.
* Expert in life insurance underwriting policies and procedures.
* Expert in epidemiology. Previous cases include infectious diseases, occupational and environmental exposures, pesticides and tobacco.
* Approved life expectancy expert with the U.S. Department of Justice.
* Active consultant to the life insurance industry conducting cohort mortality studies, and writing underwriting and policy and procedure manuals.
* Over 100 articles published on mortality research and underwriting.
* Friendly, clear, concise, objective and quantitative.
* There is no charge for the initial phone consultation.
* There is no charge for travel time.
Eric F. Forister, PhD is an Economist with expertise in industrial organization, applied microeconomics, and applied econometrics. He has extensive experience in applying economic insights to understand firm and market behavior, analyzing large datasets using advanced econometric and statistical techniques, and designing and evaluating surveys. He has co-authored medical research papers and legal publications on class certification and market definition. As a consultant, Dr. Forister has addressed issues such as:
Dr. Forister has analyzed dozens of industries including consumer packaged goods, luxury goods, food products, medical services, biotechnology, legal services, fitness, clothing, entertainment, real estate, air and ground transportation, telecommunications, television, electronics, heavy industry, advertising, restaurants, automobiles, gasoline, payment processing, and illicit markets.
Episode #11- A look at how to work with an expert using regression analysis.
Employee Motivation & Performance Assessment, Inc.(EMPA) has designed Employee Assessments and has provided Survey Research Services for more than 7 million employees, including Performance / Skill Assessments, Employee Surveys, and Program Assessments. Its domestic and international clients span 45 countries and include large companies, non-profit organizations, and government agencies that have 1000 or more employees.
Dr. Palmer Morrel-Samuels is EMPA's founder and CEO. He is a Research Psychologist with over 25 years of extensive training and experience in Statistical Analysis and Assessment Design. He received a Master of Arts degree in Research Methodology from the University of Chicago, a Master of Philosophy degree and a Ph.D. in Experimental Social Psychology from Columbia University. A well sought out expert, Dr. Morrel-Samuels has
Dr. Morrel-Samuels currently teaches courses on survey design and research methodology at the University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research and the School of Public Health. He is also serving as the President of the Workplace Research Foundation, a nonprofit responsible for the National Benchmark Study® - a nationwide survey that sets BenchmarksTM and measures the causal linkage between employee motivation and subsequent stock return.
Dr. Mayer is an independent consultant and scholar that holds the position of Visiting Fellow in Human Flourishing, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Harvard University. He has been a full-time tenured professor with recent appoints in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, biomedical informatics, public health and medicine (psychiatry). He held various titles including , Professor (Part-time), Bloomberg School of Public Health and School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Affiliated Professor, Mayo Clinic/ASU joint program in Biomedical Informatics, a member of the Research Staff at Mayo Clinic, and Professor at Arizona State University He continues to do research and mentor young physicians and medical students while doing a limited amount of consulting in epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, observatioan studies and clinical trials. His consulting projects often focus on model development, execution and inferences. He is one of the few MD/PhD epidemiologists. He now resides in Dana Point, California.