Dr. Saul Rosenberg
is an authority on the assessment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and Trauma-related Disorders
. At the University of California, San Francisco Medical School, Dr. Rosenberg has developed psychological tests and structured clinical interviews that are used world-wide for differential diagnosis.
With decades of experience as a psychometrician and test developer, Dr. Rosenberg is proficient in assessing disability and psychosocial functional impairments and determining the credibility of self-reported subjective symptoms of emotional distress. He is skilled in the evidence-based assessment of exaggeration, defensiveness, symptom validity and malingering. In over 40 years of clinical practice, Dr. Rosenberg has evaluated and treated thousands of patients with PTSD.
– Dr. Rosenberg provides personal injury evaluations, Independent Medical Examinations (IMEs), and Qualified Medical Examinations for worker’s compensation. His cases have included PTSD, TBI and Post-Concussive Syndrome, motor vehicle and multi-litigant transportation accidents, disability, workers’ compensation, employment, landlord/tenant, medical malpractice, standards of care, toxic torts, testamentary capacity, undue influence and other cases involving personal injury and psychiatric/psychological claims. He has conducted more than 170 forensic examinations, 80 depositions, and appeared in state and federal court more than 10 times for both plaintiff and defense.
Dr. Saul Rosenberg is the author of more than 15 peer-reviewed publications including, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, in the Encyclopedia of Neurological Sciences. He has made over 20 presentations at national and international meetings on the evidence-based assessment of PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and co-morbid conditions. On two occasions, Dr. Rosenberg has testified about the assessment and treatment of PTSD before the United States House of Representatives, Veterans Affairs Subcommittee.
Areas of Expertise
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Post-Concussive Syndrome
- Assessment of Credibility, Exaggeration, Symptom Validity, Malingering
- Disability and Workers' Compensation
- Medical, Psychiatric, and Psychological Malpractice and Standards of Care
- Testamentary Capacity and Undue Influence