Norman Dotti, PE, PP, INCE
has worked as a consulting Acoustical Engineer
for over 40 years. While the majority of his work is in the NJ-NY-CT-PA-MD area, he has done work throughout the United States and internationally.
As a practicing Acoustical Engineer
since 1971, Mr. Dotti has direct experience with Sound and Vibration Measurement, Analysis, Control, and Engineering Project Management
. He has worked with clients from industry, all levels of government, associations, military, as well as private individuals, and community groups. He is currently serving as a Governor-appointed member of the NJ State Noise Control Council.
Mr. Dotti has developed courses for and taught at the U.S. Department of Labor's OSHA Training Institute, Des Plaines, IL, for over ten years. His Advanced Noise Control course has been presented to hundreds of OSHA industrial hygienists and safety compliance officers, military personnel, Coast Guard and Postal Service employees, and labor and industry representatives.
View Norman Dotti's Expert Witness Profile
- Environmental sound and vibration measurements
- Assessment and design of new projects, including shopping centers, manufacturing facilities, and residential developments
- Acoustical modeling (computer models of proposed projects)
- Authentication and enhancement of voice recordings (analog and digital)
- Training courses in sound and vibration measurement and control
- Transportation sound; aircraft, rail and marine, with an emphasis on helicopters
- Review of proposed projects for governing bodies (e.g., consultant to review boards)
- Works with experts in other fields on large engineering and architectural projects to integrate sound and vibration controls