Katherine Starr is an Athlete Welfare and Safe Environment Consultant who works with clients to understand the needs of the organization, review current infrastructure, and make recommendations to address School and Amateur Sport-related, Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault, and Sexual Harassment.
- Work with Schools, National Governing Bodies (NGB’s) and Athletic Departments to implement comprehensive policies addressing all forms of abuse, bullying and harassment.
- Develop customized programs and policies for collegiate athletic departments.
- Educated leadership with a comprehensive program addressing sexual abuse, bullying and harassment.
- Consult on national cases involving coach-athlete relationships.
- Developed sexual abuse, harassment and bullying policies for all types of environment with a predominate focus in sports.
- Train and/or oversee investigations involving issues of sexual abuse and bullying.
- Mediate issue involved with sexual abuse, bullying in harassment in the workplace or sports programs.
- Train & educate parents, coaches and athletes on such topics as sexual harassment, abuse and bullying for sports, religious and corporate environments.
- Lead group education program with a focus on sexual harassment and bullying for coaches, minors and parents.
- Develop “Code of Conduct” policies for coaches, trainers, doctors and all participants engaged with athletes.
- Develop customized complaint response and monitoring systems for sport and school related environments to reduce abuse, bullying and harassment issues in the sports program or workplace.
View Katherine Starr's Expert Witness Profile.
Is Sexual Abuse in Youth-Serving Organizations Covered under a Liability Waiver? This argument was presented by the defense in a recent case. Let's review and see if this is a plausible argument in youth-serving activities.