Stone Consulting, Inc
is a nationally known firm offering a full range of Railroad Industry services throughout North America. They have completed projects in 43 states, Canada, Mexico, and the Philippines. Their diverse staff has expertise with track inspection, drainage, financial analysis, structural engineering, and environmental issues. Their staff also has hands-on experience in Operations, Mechanical, and Maintenance-of-Way.
Harvey H. Stone, PE, President
- Railroad Appraisals / Railroad Finance
- Railroad Bridge Inspection
- Railroad Construction Management
- Railroad Environmental Issues
- Grant Procurement / Grant Writing
|Railroad Facilities DesignRailroad Mechanical InspectionsRailroad Project ManagementTrack Design / Track IssuesExpert Witness / Insurance Investigation|
, has over 25 years of Railroad
experience with Short Line Railroads and Streetcar Systems
- Mr. Stone began working for the US Army Corps of Engineers in 1964 and then A. W. Cross, Inc. a contractor in 1966. Mr. Stone was then employed by Northwest Engineering, Inc. in 1968 and became president in 1980 until 1996. In 1996, he organized Stone Consulting & Design, Inc. to provide consulting services to the railroad industry, sold the firm to TranSystems in 2007 and re-purchased the firm in 2010.
Mr. Stone has provided track design, bridge design, and all types of inspection services to railroads and associated clients. He has no affiliations with Class 1 Railroads. Mr. Stone has been an active member of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC), and the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance of Way Association. His membership in the ACEC has enabled him to obtain invaluable exposure to the many changes in engineering technology over the years as well as continued awareness of the constantly changing rules, regulations and grant programs on all governmental levels.
View Harvey Stone's Expert Witness Profile