*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Transportation (General) Consultants: 12
Peter James Sullivan
Automotive, Truck, Motorcycle, ATV, Heavy Industrial Equipment, and Marine Industries Consultant Mechanical, Electronic, Brake, Steering, and Systems Performance Testing & Analysis
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry and Physics) from Texas State University, 1984
- World Class Certified ASE Technician, ASE Certified Master Technician in Heavy Duty Truck, Passenger Car/Light Truck, Collision Repair, and Machinist, (National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence)
- 36 years of technical, academic, operational, and managerial experience in the private and commercial transportation, heavy equipment, marine, and recreational vehicle industries
- Extensive experience performing vehicle inspections and downloads of event data recorders and electronically stored information (ESI), including analysis, validation, testing, and preservation on almost all makes and models of vehicles and equipment
- Primary areas of consultation: mechanical, automotive, CMV/truck, heavy industrial equipment, motorcycle/bicycle, marine, recreational vehicle, collision repair, tire failure analysis, testing and analysis include to include fluids, materials, and component parts, railroad/Hy-Rail, FMCSA/DOT compliance, commercial motor vehicle driver/operator qualification and compliance, job site and transportation safety claims and litigation.
- LITIGATION AND CLAIMS INSPECTIONS
- CRASH/ELECTRONIC DATA RECORDER/ECM DOWNLOADS AND ANALYSIS FROM ALL ON-BOARD MODULES, CONTROLLERS, AND GPS/VEHICLE TRACKING UNITS
- FORENSIC TESTING AND SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS
- MOBILE MECHANICAL AND VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT DISASSEMBLY AND INSPECTION
- EXEMPLAR, FLUID, AND METALLURGICAL TESTING
- PRODUCT TESTING, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, AND PRODUCT DEFECT ANALYSIS
- WORLD CLASS, HIGHLY DETAILED REVIEW OF VEHICLE MAINTAINCE RECORDS AND DQ FILES
- COMMERCIAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY POLICIES & COMPLIANCE ANALYSIS
- COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVER/OPERATOR QUALIFICATION & COMPLIANCE ANALYSIS
- Municipal Traffic Engineering
- Traffic Impact Statements
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Road Safety Audits
- Traffic Incident Management
Mr. Beaubien is a past International President of the Institute of Transportation Engineers and the past President of the Intelligent Transportation Society of Michigan. He currently chairs the Metro Detroit Traffic Incident Management Coordinating Committee.
Mr. Beaubien is the author of numerous articles on topics within his area of expertise including Managing Traffic Incidents, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and Traffic Safety. He has delivered presentation and seminars to such entities as the American Society of Civil Engineers and the Institute of Transportation Engineers. Mr. Beaubien is the recipient of the President’s Award, Intelligent Transportation Society of Michigan, 2003 and the Burton W. Marsh Award, Institute of Transportation Engineers, 1998.
View Richard Beaubien's Expert Witness Profile.
CivTek International is an Infrastructure Solutions, Program Management and Multi-Disciplined Life-Cycle Integrator. CivTek focuses on core industries and infrastructure fundamental to the economic and physical health and well-being of all societies: Energy, Water, Air, Agriculture, Transportation, Waste Management, Telecommunications, Internet, and Ancillary Technologies necessary to more efficiently deliver and operate these industries in an environmentally friendly, safe and profitable manner.
CivTek International now has roughly $50 billion in pre-feasibility studies in estimated capital costs projects as a result of national and international relationships and exclusive agreements CivTek International holds in various infrastructure and transportation technologies. They have signed 50-year Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) Agreements with national governments of emerging economies.
CivTek International provides expert assessment, advice, guidance, opinion, contracting, construction support, program management and design services to leaders in government, industry and the legal community. They address major challenges in complex cultural settings, environmental, economic, legislative or forensic consequence in programs and projects relating to capital infrastructure in transportation, green sustainable environmental solutions, energy, oil & gas, and industrial facilities.
Clients have included Leadership of Domestic and International Industry, CEO's and Corporate Leadership, Banks, Financial Institutions and Investors, Risk Management and Insurance Industry Leaders, Attorneys, Legislators, Heads of State, and Heads of Departments and Ministries.
Principal, Thomas J. Young, PE, has over 37 years of experience in national and international Transportation Construction, the Civil Engineering specialty regarding highways, bridges, rail, airports, harbors, and associated infrastructure.
Mr. Young is a skilled integrator of the parameters of program and project life cycles, leadership, management, business operations, engineering and construction. He has extensive knowledge of regulatory compliance, environmental processes, industry standards, best practices, and field operations in urban and remote areas.
Mr. Young has broad construction management and design background for many of the knowledge and skill areas required in mining operations, bridges, highways, land development, major soil/structure type facilities, land survey, and construction surveying, including work in Arctic facilities and in desert regions.
Often, government agencies, consulting engineers, architects, developers, business institutions, and attorneys must know how to move people and their goods safely and efficiently. The firm offers advice on site selection, traffic access, and traffic circulation on the site. The firm provides insight into potential problems with zoning and subdivision regulations. Traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrant analysis, traffic signal design and permitting services related to development activity are also available through the firm. Parking garage and parking lot operations are specialties offered to business institutions.
Other services include: Queuing Studies for drive-through services; Traffic Calming and neighborhood speed control; School trip and pedestrian safety plans; Traffic Accident Reduction and highway safety techniques; Transit Funding Operation; Intelligent Vehicle-Highway Systems.
Evidence Solutions, Inc., (ESI) is a premier forensics company founded in 1982. The goal at ESI is to help clients obtain, understand, and utilize all the Data and Information available to them.
ESI can analyze cell phones, computers, hard drives, EDRs, reconstruct accidents, provide trucking standard of care consulting, recover digital data, and provide consulting services in their many areas of expertise. Their team of experts can help you understand what needs to be done, what should have been done, and what to do next.
Featured ESI Expert:
Beat K. Schlumpf, FCILT, is an Expert in European Supply Chain Management, Networks and Logistics. Mr. Schlumpf has over 40 years of experience in supply chain execution.
Mr. Schlumpf is one of the few experts worldwide with operative experience of all carriers (Sea, Air, Road, Rail) and all speeds (heavy lifts, general cargo, full load, parcel, express, mail, courier). His core competence is in the assessment, development, and implementation of integrated logistics solutions. He is the Inventor of the "Operations Efficiency Assessment” and the Time Factor model for process assessments.
Mr. Schlumpf has extensive knowledge in a broad range of management assignments. He has experience and professional competence in distribution logistics for manufacturers, retailers, producers, forwarding and transportation companies as well as postal operators (textile, machinery, postal services, mail, parcel, express, and transportation industries.)
Business Consulting Focus:
Mr. Schlumpf has acted as an Expert at the UNCTAD and was featured speaker on practices and operation used by global freight logistics firms for the World Trade Organization (WTO) and lecturer for distribution logistics.
Mr. Schlumpf has published articles on outsourcing, one stop shopping, co-operation with forwarders and integrators, and new inventing Operations Audit to increase efficiency.
Mr. Grill is currently assisting two U.S. DOT / FMCSA contractors (MaineWay and Volpe) with research on the effectiveness of Driver Training on Improving Driver Safety Performance. He is also assisting DOT with development of improved specification for interface software that can collect driver performance data from training simulators and transfer that performance measure data to Learning Management Software to assist in determining whether the driver has met Minimum Training Standards. Mr. Grill is also working on a special U.S. DOT project to study its Hazardous Materials Safety Permit (HMSP) program for motor carriers and report to Congress on the findings by October 1, 2013.
Lewis Grill has made many guest speaker appearances as a truck driver-training expert for the nation’s leading trucking industry associations and organizations and assisted in the production of more than a dozen instructional videos and multimedia training modules for truck drivers. His numerous works on trucking and commercial motor transportation have appeared in national advertising, books, magazines, and national television. He has written more than 15 books and hundreds of articles on trucking, truck driving, and heavy equipment operation.
View Lewis Grill's Expert Witness Profile.
MCB Consulting (MCB) is a Commercial Transportation company well-known for significantly reducing Fleet Maintenance Costs for all of its clients in public, private, and governmental sectors. They have over 100 years of fleet, logistics, and leadership expertise in the airline, construction, transportation, service, utility, and sanitation industries.
Through the implementation of cost effective fleet asset and leadership processes, MCB makes the global marketplace a safer place to live and do business. They lower operating costs, increase efficiencies, improve fuel mileage, and lower vehicle emissions, to improve the environment in which we live. Additionally, they strive to increase the self-esteem of their clients’ employees through the development of continuous personal and leadership programs.
The team at MCB knows that proper cost control requires expertise in preventative maintenance, procurement, technician productivity, inventory control, warranty management and breakdown analysis. For over 30 years, they have been helping transportation and service company's keep fuel, maintenance, tire, and labor costs, the largest expenses that fleet operating companies incur, to a minimum.
Partial Client List: MCB Consulting has assisted organizations such as UPS, Con-way Freight, Waste Management, and Great Dane Trailer Manufacturer.
Michael C. Buck, President of MCB Consulting, is a Commercial Transportation Expert with over 30 years of experience. Mr. Buck launched MCB Consulting to supply companies with fleet management expertise in preventative maintenance programs, procurement and warranty recovery initiatives, litigation, fuel / tire management, leadership development, and DOT, CSA, and OSHA regulatory compliance.
Mr. Buck and his team provide world-class Fleet Maintenance Management by developing methodical policies and procedures monitored by performance metrics while simultaneously providing leadership with the tools and authority to effectively assist their customers.
Mr. Buck is recognized as an experienced senior-level fleet and executive with proven success in developing systems and infrastructures to promote profitability. He is adept at bolstering the performance of both physical and human capital. A strategic communicator who will solicit buy-in and institute initiatives focused on promoting fiscally prudent organizational growth.
Christina Comisarek has over 40 years of experience in and around the Transportation industry, 25 of which have been spent driving over 2 million miles accident free. She is a Certified Director of Safety, Certified Driver Trainer, and has managed a small trucking business for over 10 years. Ms. Comisarek serves as a Transportation Consultant, Driver Safety Trainer, and Expert Witness.
Background: Ms. Comisarek gained first-hand experience, good business sense, and a strong, solid work ethic working for her family's two businesses. Over the years, she's had a variety of roles in the transportation industry, such as loading and unloading, local deliveries, linehaul, school bus driving, driver / safety training, and managing a small trucking company. Ms. Comisarek continues to drive part-time to stay current in the industry. She takes every opportunity to enhance her skills and background, either through first-hand experience or by attending courses such as Accident Investigation.
As a Consultant, Ms. Comisarek assists trucking companies in areas such as streamlining their operations, risk management situations, driver recruitment and retention, and Employee handbooks. Her Safety Training is done either in the classroom or on-site currently, and soon will be offered online.
As an Expert Witness, Ms. Comisarek has worked with top expert witness firms and is pleased to currently be working with NECSC, LLC, providing sound consultation to attorneys through report writing, depositions, and successful trial appearance.
Areas of Expertise:
Awards / Honors:
- Over 2.0 million miles Accident-Free Driving – all consecutive years at Consolidated Freightways and FedEx
- Colleague nominated candidate for American Trucking Association’s 2002 – 2004 America’s Road Team
- Clean CDL Class A with Doubles/Triples, Hazmat (past), Tanker, Passenger & School Bus Endorsements
- Triples Certification [expired] in Ohio and Indiana Tandem (long doubles) Certification [expired] in NY
Scott L. Turner is a highly qualified Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Transportation Expert, FMCSR Regulatory and PHMSA-HMR Expert with approximately 30-years experience in the highly specialized field of CMV crashes and incidents, and 16 years as the CEO of a nationwide CMV crash & HazMat disaster response corporation.
Mr. Turner's career includes personal response and/or investigation of over 1,000 CMV crashes, 200 cargo-tank truck crashes/incidents and a multitude of industrial setting incidents including fixed facilities, loading docks and loading rack disasters. His FMCSR and PHMSA knowledge (Federal Enforcement Training), detailed reporting and testimony can be a focal point of any civil litigation, where commercial motor vehicle crashes and/or transit incidents are at issue, with or without hazmat involvement. Mr. Turner is qualified in both the Federal Court system as well as multiple States throughout the United States and testifies on an approximate 50/50 average of Defense to Plaintiff ratio.
Areas of Expertise:
- Level 1 FMCSA Inspections
- Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Post-Crash Inspection
- CMV Post-Crash Investigation
- Driver Qualifications
- HOS / Fatigue Driving
- Motor Carrier Fitness Standards
- Safety Programs
- Trucking Industry Standards
- Cargo-Tank Truck Incidents / Crashes
- CMV loading/Off-loading Cases (van, cargo-tank, flatbed)
- Flatbed, Cargo Securement Failure
- Loading Dock Incidents w/ CMV
- Forklift Incidents w/ CMV
- CMV Crash Involving Hazmats
- Loading Rack Explosions / Disasters
- Pedestrian v. CMV Incidents
- Litigation Support
- Trial Preparation Consulting
- Courtroom Testimony
- Commerical Vehicle Accident Investigations
- CMV, Highway Construction Zone Crashes
- CMV Loading and Offloading Investigation
- Level 1 FMCSA Audits
- Load Securement Incidents
Trade Resources & Associates is a consulting firm established in 2003 that specializes in cross-border transactions, customs and export compliance, and logistics in the global and domestic movement of goods. Trade Resources & Associates has experience leading global trade compliance and transportation for multinational corporations, such as, Micron Technology, Aviza, Inc., Flextronics (formerly Solectron), and Applied Materials.
- Export Product Classification & Licensing in Information Security Semiconductor, Network Storage and Data, Global Encryption Space
- Develop Export Management & Compliance Management Programs, Create Export Control Manual and Technology Control Plan
- Provide Guidance in Import Classification, Valuation and Country of Origin, 301 Tariff Exclusions, Trade Agreement Act (TAA)
- Trade Compliance Risk Audits
- Mergers and Acquisitions ( M & A) Due Diligence
- Direct Voluntary Self Disclosures
- Trade Compliance Automation Services and Export Screening support
- Logistics and Third-Party Management
- Freight Forwarding and Transportation Management
Jo-Anne Daniels, President and Founder of Trade Resources & Associates, has been a International Trade Industry Consultant for over 25 years. She is a frequent invited speaker for trade associations and logistics organizations. Ms. Daniels authored several industry publications and is the past President of the Professional Association of Exporters and Importers.
- Professional Memberof Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA)
- President and Board of Director-Professional Association of Exporters and Importers(PAEI)
- Member of Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association (CBFAN)
Areas of Expertise: Accident analysis, testimony and mediation in vehicle and pedestrian accidents involving transit, paratransit, schoolbus, motorcoach, special education, non-emergency medical transportation, taxi, shuttle, child transport systems and services; slips and falls; crossing, boarding and alighting; wheelchairs; seatbelts; ADA and accessibility; passenger safety, security and sexual abuse; vehicle design, specification, crashworthiness, quality assurance and product liability; industry standards and practices; driver training and vehicle operation; management, monitoring, supervision and enforcement; maintenance; NHTSA, FTA, FMCSA and USDOT regulations; vehicle testing and certification; contract negotiation and compliance; risk management; planning and system design.
The Firm: Transportation Alternatives is a passenger transportation and automotive consortium engaged in consulting and forensic accident investigation and analysis (more than 600 cases). Specializes in elderly, disabled, schoolchildren.
Education: MURP (Urban and Regional Planning): George Washington University, 1975 BA, English Literature: Rutgers University, 1969
- President, Transportation Alternatives (1980 to present). Consulted to USDOT, transit agencies, private contractors, social service agencies, municipalities and school districts. Designed several major transportation systems
- Chairman/General Manager, PTS Transportation (1982-1992). Directed operations of a 70-vehicle paratransit system for physically and developmentally disabled individuals and a non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) service
- President, TAM-USA (1989-1995). Formed and directed a U.S.-Slovene joint venture company which coordinated the design, testing, certification and marketing of a European-manufactured school bus and motorcoach.
Appointments and Memberships:
- American Public Transportation Association
- National Association of Pupil Transportation
- United Motorcoach Association
- American Bus Association
- Community Transportation Association of America
- Association Internationale pour la Sécurité du Transport des Jeunes
- National School Transportation Conference (1995, 2000, 2005)
- Committee on School Transportation Safety, National Academy of Sciences
- Bus Industry Safety Committee (ABA)
- Access Committee (APTA)