*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Transportation (General) Consultants: 12
Peter James Sullivan
Automotive, Truck, Motorcycle, ATV, Heavy Industrial Equipment, and Marine Industries Consultant Mechanical, Electronic, Brake, Steering, and Systems Performance Testing & Analysis
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry and Physics) from Texas State University, 1984
- World Class Certified ASE Technician, ASE Certified Master Technician in Heavy Duty Truck, Passenger Car/Light Truck, Collision Repair, and Machinist, (National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence)
- 36 years of technical, academic, operational, and managerial experience in the private and commercial transportation, heavy equipment, marine, and recreational vehicle industries
- Extensive experience performing vehicle inspections and downloads of event data recorders and electronically stored information (ESI), including analysis, validation, testing, and preservation on almost all makes and models of vehicles and equipment
- Primary areas of consultation: mechanical, automotive, CMV/truck, heavy industrial equipment, motorcycle/bicycle, marine, recreational vehicle, collision repair, tire failure analysis, testing and analysis include to include fluids, materials, and component parts, railroad/Hy-Rail, FMCSA/DOT compliance, commercial motor vehicle driver/operator qualification and compliance, job site and transportation safety claims and litigation.
- LITIGATION AND CLAIMS INSPECTIONS
- CRASH/ELECTRONIC DATA RECORDER/ECM DOWNLOADS AND ANALYSIS FROM ALL ON-BOARD MODULES, CONTROLLERS, AND GPS/VEHICLE TRACKING UNITS
- FORENSIC TESTING AND SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS
- MOBILE MECHANICAL AND VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT DISASSEMBLY AND INSPECTION
- EXEMPLAR, FLUID, AND METALLURGICAL TESTING
- PRODUCT TESTING, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, AND PRODUCT DEFECT ANALYSIS
- WORLD CLASS, HIGHLY DETAILED REVIEW OF VEHICLE MAINTAINCE RECORDS AND DQ FILES
- COMMERCIAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY POLICIES & COMPLIANCE ANALYSIS
- COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVER/OPERATOR QUALIFICATION & COMPLIANCE ANALYSIS
- Municipal Traffic Engineering
- Traffic Impact Statements
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Road Safety Audits
- Traffic Incident Management
Mr. Beaubien is a past International President of the Institute of Transportation Engineers and the past President of the Intelligent Transportation Society of Michigan. He currently chairs the Metro Detroit Traffic Incident Management Coordinating Committee.
Mr. Beaubien is the author of numerous articles on topics within his area of expertise including Managing Traffic Incidents, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and Traffic Safety. He has delivered presentation and seminars to such entities as the American Society of Civil Engineers and the Institute of Transportation Engineers. Mr. Beaubien is the recipient of the President’s Award, Intelligent Transportation Society of Michigan, 2003 and the Burton W. Marsh Award, Institute of Transportation Engineers, 1998.
View Richard Beaubien's Expert Witness Profile.
Often, government agencies, consulting engineers, architects, developers, business institutions, and attorneys must know how to move people and their goods safely and efficiently. The firm offers advice on site selection, traffic access, and traffic circulation on the site. The firm provides insight into potential problems with zoning and subdivision regulations. Traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrant analysis, traffic signal design and permitting services related to development activity are also available through the firm. Parking garage and parking lot operations are specialties offered to business institutions.
Other services include: Queuing Studies for drive-through services; Traffic Calming and neighborhood speed control; School trip and pedestrian safety plans; Traffic Accident Reduction and highway safety techniques; Transit Funding Operation; Intelligent Vehicle-Highway Systems.
Donald L. Hess, President of DLH Associates, Inc., has been providing expert witness services to attorneys and other clients, including Analysis of Vehicle Crashes since 1997. His specialty is crashes involving Commercial Motor Vehicles, including trucks, tractor-trailers, and buses.
With well over two million miles of safe cross-country trucking experience, followed by over 20 years as a driver trainer and creator / administrator of commercial driving programs, Mr. Hess is well-qualified to provide analysis of what drivers are trained to do in specific situations and circumstances, what federal and state regulations call for and require, and all aspects of the safe and proper operation of commercial motor vehicles. As a motorcyclist with over 45 years of riding and training experience, he is also qualified to comment on accidents involving motorcycles.
Mr. Hess has been nationally-recognized as a leader in safety and training issues, is a winner of the American Trucking Associations Million Mile Driving award, and was a winner of the Truckload Carriers Association Lee Crittenden award. Over his long and successful career in trucking and education, he has held numerous national board and officer positions in trucking and education.
Litigation Support - Mr. Hess is uniquely qualified to analyze and comment on driver behavior in virtually any situation, and has established a solid reputation as an expert witness in crashes involving trucks and commercial vehicles for both Plaintiff and Defense in about 300 hundred cases across the country since 1997. His experience includes significant deposition and trial testimony.
He possesses a unique combination of training, hands-on experience, and education that combine to position him as a leading expert in all facets of trucking. Mr. Hess still maintains a valid, current Commercial Driver License fully endorsed for Combination Vehicles, Doubles-Triples, Tankers, Hazardous Materials, Motorcycles, and Buses. He also holds a USDOT Medical Exam Certificate and CDL and medical maintained without interruption or fault since 1971.
Areas of Expertise:
Evidence Solutions, Inc., (ESI) is a premier forensics company founded in 1982. The goal at ESI is to help clients obtain, understand, and utilize all the Data and Information available to them.
ESI can analyze cell phones, computers, hard drives, EDRs, reconstruct accidents, provide trucking standard of care consulting, recover digital data, and provide consulting services in their many areas of expertise. Their team of experts can help you understand what needs to be done, what should have been done, and what to do next.
Featured ESI Expert:
Beat K. Schlumpf, FCILT, is an Expert in European Supply Chain Management, Networks and Logistics. Mr. Schlumpf has over 40 years of experience in supply chain execution.
Mr. Schlumpf is one of the few experts worldwide with operative experience of all carriers (Sea, Air, Road, Rail) and all speeds (heavy lifts, general cargo, full load, parcel, express, mail, courier). His core competence is in the assessment, development, and implementation of integrated logistics solutions. He is the Inventor of the "Operations Efficiency Assessment” and the Time Factor model for process assessments.
Mr. Schlumpf has extensive knowledge in a broad range of management assignments. He has experience and professional competence in distribution logistics for manufacturers, retailers, producers, forwarding and transportation companies as well as postal operators (textile, machinery, postal services, mail, parcel, express, and transportation industries.)
Business Consulting Focus:
Mr. Schlumpf has acted as an Expert at the UNCTAD and was featured speaker on practices and operation used by global freight logistics firms for the World Trade Organization (WTO) and lecturer for distribution logistics.
Mr. Schlumpf has published articles on outsourcing, one stop shopping, co-operation with forwarders and integrators, and new inventing Operations Audit to increase efficiency.
JP Transportation Safety Consulting, LLC (JPTSC) has more than one hundred years of combined experience serving the Shipping and Transportation industry relative to Workplace Safety and Regulatory Compliance. JPTSC helps companies of all types and sizes that operate commercial motor vehicles, as well as shippers and carriers of hazardous materials, with respect to compliance with Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations.
JPTSC provides comprehensive consulting services to companies with safety performance problems or those seeking to enhance existing programs and policies. They provide recommendations and guidance according to the best safety practices. The consulting services of JPTSC have helped companies throughout the United States develop necessary safety management controls to comply with applicable regulations and improve overall safety performance.
JPTSC has aided hundreds of transportation and logistical companies throughout the U.S. in reducing their overall compliance violations and improving their fleet operating safety performance. Their expertise includes Powered Industrial Lift Trucks, Interstate Operations, Concrete Mixers, For-Hire Motor Carriers, Private Motor Carriers, Intrastate Operations, Local Delivery Trucks, Passenger Buses, and Utility Vehicles.
JPTSC provides the following Compliance Services, Management Consulting, and Training Programs:
|Jon (Paul) Dillard, President and Co-Founder, has fulfilled all of the educational requirements, acquired the professional experience and knowledge of the field, and attained the level of expertise and professionalism in Motor Fleet Supervision as a Certified Director of Safety from the North American Transportation Management Training Institute. He has been employed in the motor carrier industry for over 30 years and has successfully managed the safety, compliance, and claims for two major motor carriers as a Vice President and/or Director of Safety resulting in satisfactory compliance audits and significant reductions in accident frequency. Mr. Dillard is experienced and trained in: Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety and Compliance - Quality Management - Defensive Driving - Accident Investigation - Commercial Motor Vehicle Operations - Inspection / Maintenance - OSHA - Cargo Loading and Securement - Hazardous Materials Transportation.|
|Jon O. Cook, COO, Co-Founder, is a former Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver and Owner Operator with over 1,000,000 over-the-road miles to his credit. He is a certified commercial driver examiner, having trained and road-tested hundreds of commercial drivers. Mr. Cook has been employed in various capacities in the trucking industry over the last 36 years. He served as Director of Safety for a large food-store chain in Birmingham, Alabama covering seven states. Mr. Cook also remains active in the Alabama Trucking Association. He has served on the Board of Directors and was previously Chairman of the Board and as President and Chairman of the Board for the North Alabama Chapter of the National Safety Council. Mr. Cook is experienced and trained in: DOT Compliance / Safety - Driver Recruiting - Qualification - Training and Maintenance Programs - Road Testing - Accident Avoidance - Defensive Driving - Fuel Economy - Cargo Securement - Proper Equipment Usage.|
|Kenneth M. Price, a recent addition to JPTSC, has spent the last 5 years As a Motor Carrier Safety Specialist with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. His duties included planning, scheduling, and conducting compliance reviews on motor carriers throughout the State of Alabama to assure compliance with regulations, policies, and /or guidelines, including those concerned with the transportation and handling of hazardous materials. Mr. Price also assisted the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Trial Attorney documenting evidence for a case that was going before an Administrative Law Judge. He has also worked with the Trial Attorney documenting evidence for the Field Administrators Reply to Preliminary Order on Petition for Review of Safety Ratings. Mr. Price is experienced and trained in: Compliance Reviews - Hazardous Materials - Safety Instructor - Motor Coach Bus Driver Qualifications.|
Mr. Grill is currently assisting two U.S. DOT / FMCSA contractors (MaineWay and Volpe) with research on the effectiveness of Driver Training on Improving Driver Safety Performance. He is also assisting DOT with development of improved specification for interface software that can collect driver performance data from training simulators and transfer that performance measure data to Learning Management Software to assist in determining whether the driver has met Minimum Training Standards. Mr. Grill is also working on a special U.S. DOT project to study its Hazardous Materials Safety Permit (HMSP) program for motor carriers and report to Congress on the findings by October 1, 2013.
Lewis Grill has made many guest speaker appearances as a truck driver-training expert for the nation’s leading trucking industry associations and organizations and assisted in the production of more than a dozen instructional videos and multimedia training modules for truck drivers. His numerous works on trucking and commercial motor transportation have appeared in national advertising, books, magazines, and national television. He has written more than 15 books and hundreds of articles on trucking, truck driving, and heavy equipment operation.
View Lewis Grill's Expert Witness Profile.
MCB Consulting (MCB) is a Commercial Transportation company well-known for significantly reducing Fleet Maintenance Costs for all of its clients in public, private, and governmental sectors. They have over 100 years of fleet, logistics, and leadership expertise in the airline, construction, transportation, service, utility, and sanitation industries.
Through the implementation of cost effective fleet asset and leadership processes, MCB makes the global marketplace a safer place to live and do business. They lower operating costs, increase efficiencies, improve fuel mileage, and lower vehicle emissions, to improve the environment in which we live. Additionally, they strive to increase the self-esteem of their clients’ employees through the development of continuous personal and leadership programs.
The team at MCB knows that proper cost control requires expertise in preventative maintenance, procurement, technician productivity, inventory control, warranty management and breakdown analysis. For over 30 years, they have been helping transportation and service company's keep fuel, maintenance, tire, and labor costs, the largest expenses that fleet operating companies incur, to a minimum.
Partial Client List: MCB Consulting has assisted organizations such as UPS, Con-way Freight, Waste Management, and Great Dane Trailer Manufacturer.
Michael C. Buck, President of MCB Consulting, is a Commercial Transportation Expert with over 30 years of experience. Mr. Buck launched MCB Consulting to supply companies with fleet management expertise in preventative maintenance programs, procurement and warranty recovery initiatives, litigation, fuel / tire management, leadership development, and DOT, CSA, and OSHA regulatory compliance.
Mr. Buck and his team provide world-class Fleet Maintenance Management by developing methodical policies and procedures monitored by performance metrics while simultaneously providing leadership with the tools and authority to effectively assist their customers.
Mr. Buck is recognized as an experienced senior-level fleet and executive with proven success in developing systems and infrastructures to promote profitability. He is adept at bolstering the performance of both physical and human capital. A strategic communicator who will solicit buy-in and institute initiatives focused on promoting fiscally prudent organizational growth.
Scott L. Turner is a highly qualified Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Transportation Expert, FMCSR Regulatory and PHMSA-HMR Expert with approximately 30-years experience in the highly specialized field of CMV crashes and incidents, and 16 years as the CEO of a nationwide CMV crash & HazMat disaster response corporation.
Mr. Turner's career includes personal response and/or investigation of over 1,000 CMV crashes, 200 cargo-tank truck crashes/incidents and a multitude of industrial setting incidents including fixed facilities, loading docks and loading rack disasters. His FMCSR and PHMSA knowledge (Federal Enforcement Training), detailed reporting and testimony can be a focal point of any civil litigation, where commercial motor vehicle crashes and/or transit incidents are at issue, with or without hazmat involvement. Mr. Turner is qualified in both the Federal Court system as well as multiple States throughout the United States and testifies on an approximate 50/50 average of Defense to Plaintiff ratio.
Areas of Expertise:
- Level 1 FMCSA Inspections
- Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Post-Crash Inspection
- CMV Post-Crash Investigation
- Driver Qualifications
- HOS / Fatigue Driving
- Motor Carrier Fitness Standards
- Safety Programs
- Trucking Industry Standards
- Cargo-Tank Truck Incidents / Crashes
- CMV loading/Off-loading Cases (van, cargo-tank, flatbed)
- Flatbed, Cargo Securement Failure
- Loading Dock Incidents w/ CMV
- Forklift Incidents w/ CMV
- CMV Crash Involving Hazmats
- Loading Rack Explosions / Disasters
- Pedestrian v. CMV Incidents
- Litigation Support
- Trial Preparation Consulting
- Courtroom Testimony
- Commerical Vehicle Accident Investigations
- CMV, Highway Construction Zone Crashes
- CMV Loading and Offloading Investigation
- Level 1 FMCSA Audits
- Load Securement Incidents
Trade Resources & Associates is a consulting firm established in 2003 that specializes in cross-border transactions, customs and export compliance, and logistics in the global and domestic movement of goods. Trade Resources & Associates has experience leading global trade compliance and transportation for multinational corporations, such as, Micron Technology, Aviza, Inc., Flextronics (formerly Solectron), and Applied Materials.
- Export Product Classification & Licensing in Information Security Semiconductor, Network Storage and Data, Global Encryption Space
- Develop Export Management & Compliance Management Programs, Create Export Control Manual and Technology Control Plan
- Provide Guidance in Import Classification, Valuation and Country of Origin, 301 Tariff Exclusions, Trade Agreement Act (TAA)
- Trade Compliance Risk Audits
- Mergers and Acquisitions ( M & A) Due Diligence
- Direct Voluntary Self Disclosures
- Trade Compliance Automation Services and Export Screening support
- Logistics and Third-Party Management
- Freight Forwarding and Transportation Management
Jo-Anne Daniels, President and Founder of Trade Resources & Associates, has been a International Trade Industry Consultant for over 25 years. She is a frequent invited speaker for trade associations and logistics organizations. Ms. Daniels authored several industry publications and is the past President of the Professional Association of Exporters and Importers.
- Professional Memberof Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA)
- President and Board of Director-Professional Association of Exporters and Importers(PAEI)
- Member of Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association (CBFAN)
Areas of Expertise: Accident analysis, testimony and mediation in vehicle and pedestrian accidents involving transit, paratransit, schoolbus, motorcoach, special education, non-emergency medical transportation, taxi, shuttle, child transport systems and services; slips and falls; crossing, boarding and alighting; wheelchairs; seatbelts; ADA and accessibility; passenger safety, security and sexual abuse; vehicle design, specification, crashworthiness, quality assurance and product liability; industry standards and practices; driver training and vehicle operation; management, monitoring, supervision and enforcement; maintenance; NHTSA, FTA, FMCSA and USDOT regulations; vehicle testing and certification; contract negotiation and compliance; risk management; planning and system design.
The Firm: Transportation Alternatives is a passenger transportation and automotive consortium engaged in consulting and forensic accident investigation and analysis (more than 600 cases). Specializes in elderly, disabled, schoolchildren.
Education: MURP (Urban and Regional Planning): George Washington University, 1975 BA, English Literature: Rutgers University, 1969
- President, Transportation Alternatives (1980 to present). Consulted to USDOT, transit agencies, private contractors, social service agencies, municipalities and school districts. Designed several major transportation systems
- Chairman/General Manager, PTS Transportation (1982-1992). Directed operations of a 70-vehicle paratransit system for physically and developmentally disabled individuals and a non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) service
- President, TAM-USA (1989-1995). Formed and directed a U.S.-Slovene joint venture company which coordinated the design, testing, certification and marketing of a European-manufactured school bus and motorcoach.
Appointments and Memberships:
- American Public Transportation Association
- National Association of Pupil Transportation
- United Motorcoach Association
- American Bus Association
- Community Transportation Association of America
- Association Internationale pour la Sécurité du Transport des Jeunes
- National School Transportation Conference (1995, 2000, 2005)
- Committee on School Transportation Safety, National Academy of Sciences
- Bus Industry Safety Committee (ABA)
- Access Committee (APTA)