*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Administration (General) Expert Witnesses: 2
Virginia Rhodes, EdD has an extensive background in public schooling with over 35 years of experience in duty of care: teacher, principal, hiring, supervision, evaluation and instruction in K-12 settings. Her work in research, and as a school board member in a large district grounds her expertise in school policy and district and administrative function. As principal and policy-maker, Dr. Rhodes was known for her work in reclaiming failing high schools, including moving an Ohio high school from 8% passage on the state science test to 54.5% in 2 years, collaboratively, within a contractual environment. Dr. Rhodes provides expert witness research, reports & testimony for districts and law firms, representing both plaintiff and defense. Dr. Rhodes' services are available nationally and internationally, as she is culturally competent,traveling, presenting at conferences and observing schools. Previous cases have included student injury, & death, religious/race, disability discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual abuse, administrative supervision, teacher supervision, actions of paraprofessionals including teacher assistants, security guards, and school resource officers, as well as school evaluations & recommendations for domestic cases.
Areas of expertise include:
- School and district disciplinary policy & practices
- Standards of care and duty for administrative, teacher and school staff
- Teacher training/evaluation, administrative training
- School climate, culture, SEL (social-emotional learning), trauma-informed practice
- Diversity issues within personnel and student settings
- Urban school research & new trends in teacher leadership
- Deposition & court testimony, document review & analysis
- STEM, environmental, magnet, and other specialty programming
- Conditions Affecting Low-income Students: Mobility, Poverty, Trauma, Discrimination, Bias
- Challenges of hIgh poverty schools
- Innovative & 21st century practices
- Academic achievement and program development
- Organizational planning & development
Owner and Lead Expert Witness at School Liability Expert Group. Expert witness services for plaintiff and defendant attorneys litigating cases involving the question of liability for wrongful death, personal injury, sexual harassment/abuse, Title IX, Section 1983, in daycare through college/university and other child and youth-serving organizations. Court-qualified with more than 40 years experience in school/agency administration and expert witness work. International practice.
DOCTORATE: Rutgers University - Education Administration.
MASTERS: College of NJ - Special Education. MASTERS: University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce Law Center - Education Law.
LAWYERS - Case review and analysis, litigation support. Expert reports, deposition and trial testimony.
SCHOOLS - Liability and management assessments. Policy review and recommendations. Special seminars.