has 50 years of experience in the Glass Industry
. His expertise includes just about all aspects of glass from engineering design, manufacturing, strengthening, testing, quality control, installation, fractography, and failure analysis of glass and glazing systems. His experience ranges from automotive, architectural, and industrial glass applications to glass consumer products.
Mr. Chamberlain has held numerous leadership positions in professional associations and is a well-respected expert within the glass industry community. Since 1996, he has contributed to many different publications and given lectures and presentations on glass.
Areas of Specialization
- Computational modeling for structural and thermal design optimization of glazing systems. Mr. Chamberlain was one of the first group of ten people certified by the National Fenestration Rating Council to serve as the "Individual-in-Responsible-Charge" of a laboratory accredited by NFRC to issue product ratings
- Design, quality control, and testing of glass parts and glazing systems for demanding architectural and industrial applications
- Angle specific spectral models for optimization of the optical properties of fenestration systems
- Process control and quality control in the manufacture and fabrication of glass, with emphasis on insulating and laminating technology and the measurement and control of stress during annealing, toughening or bending processes
- Fracture mechanics of glass
- Specialized spectrophotometric polariscopes, instrumentation used to detect and analyze defects in glass products, and other optical instruments
- Mr. Chamberlain provides expert Forensic Glass and Glazing
litigation support. His expertise includes analysis of inclusions and defects, fractographic analysis, stress analysis, and expert opinion regarding glazing system design and glazing methods. Mr. Chamberlain's services are available to counsel representing both plaintiff and defendant.
Areas of Expertise
View Henry Chamberlain's Consulting Profile
- Glazing System Design
- Glass Failure Analysis
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Optics & Acoustics
|Energy EfficiencyProcess ControlGlass TestingGlass Codes & standardsGlass Safety|