Peter R. Walsh, PE
, is a Licensed Professional Electrical Engineer
with over 35 years of experience. He is an NFPA 70E Certified “Electrical Safety Compliance Professional” and OSHA “Authorized Trainer” for General Industry Training.
- Mr. Walsh joined General Electric Company early in his career as a Field Engineer. Since then, he has seen many electrical incidents in a variety of roles and companies. He began his forensic career with GE supplying analyses to their legal team. He has forensically investigated incidents in the proximity of electrical equipment, such as fuses, and provided application assistance for a total of 20 years with the largest fuse companies.
Mr. Walsh has applied electrical products in accordance with National Electrical Code, OSHA regulations, IEEE Standards, and good practices. He has provided technical leadership to electrical industry codes and standards organizations. Presently he is a member of Code Making Panel 10 of the National Electrical Code, which is responsible for Overcurrent and Service Protection. His first appointment to the National Electrical Code was for the 2008 code cycle.
Mr. Walsh served on other NFPA technical committees such as 110 and 111 and participated in meetings with NFPA 70E committees. NFPA recognizes him as Electrical Safety Compliance Professional. Within IEEE, he has served this Standards Organization enough to obtain Lifetime Membership. He has written numerous articles about arc flash, arc flash calculations, surge arrestors, and general electrical industry equipment.
- Mr. Walsh provides expert witness services for cases involving Electrical Safety
. His services are available to attorneys representing plaintiff and defendant and include site review, thorough reports, depositions, and trial testimony when needed. OSHA recognizes Mr. Walsh as an “Authorized Trainer” for General Industry. He trains electrical maintenance people in latest Safety Standards- NFPA 70E, OSHA General Industry, and the National Electrical Code.
Areas of Expertise
- Workplace Electrical Safety
- NFPA 70E
- OSHA General Industry-Electrical
- National Electrical Code
- Electrical Overcurrent Protection
- Arc Flash
|Arc Flash RequirementsElectrocutionElectrical MaintenanceElectrical Fuses & ApplicationsFuse ForensicsInvestigation of Electrical Shock & Surge|