*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Dr. Michael J. Perrotti, Ph.D., a member of the National Academy of Neuropsychology, specializes in Clinical and Forensic Psychology. He has over 30 years of experience with consumers, courts, and counsel including civil, prosecution, defense counsel, family court and the US Government. Dr. Perrotti contributes to the profession as an Expert Consultant for the State of California Board of Psychology, and the California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners and is certified by LA County System Court as an Expert Witness in Neuropsychology, eyewitness ID and false confession.
Dr. Perrotti was an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Science at the Keck School of Medicine, USC (2005-2006), and conducted complex neuropsychological evaluations in USC. Dr. Perrotti possesses specialized training and has clinical and research interns. His practice is an approved internship site at UCLA. He also has expertise in the area of Assessment of Sexual Deviation and Evaluation of Child Sexual Abuse Allegations. His training, experience, and use of the Abel Assessment of Sexual Interest Computerized Test from the Abel Center in Atlanta, Georgia, enables him to add a state-of-the-art sophisticated tool for the evaluation of sexual offending. Dr. Perrotti has served as an expert witness for plaintiff and defense in personal injury and employment and workplace matters. Dr. Perrotti was awarded the Volunteer Services Award from the President's Volunteer Council as Service and Civic Participation, the White House. Dr. Perrotti is a member of the Orange County Sheriff's Reserve, Professional Services Division.
- Neuropsycholgical Assessment
- Sanity / Competency to Stand Trial Assessment
- Police Misconduct
- Suggestibility and False Confession
- Crime Scene Investigation in Report Formulation
- Sexual Predator Determination
- Effects of Psychotropic Medications on Confession
- Expert Neuropsychologist in Sexual Assault Trial
- Expert in Bonding Studies and False Confessions
- PTSD (acute and complex) in General, Law Enforcement, and Iraq War Veterans
- Panic Disorders and Phobias
- Custody Evaluation
- Severe Trauma in Children, Adolescents, and Adults