Peter J. Bondy FSA, MAAA, has more than 45 years of experience as an Actuary and a Financial Services Professional. He has served as a corporate executive, as a corporate director, and as a consultant domestically and internationally. Mr. Bondy has extensive experience with insurance company and reinsurer matters and practices ranging from basic business practices to matters involving financial projections and valuations as well as sales practices. He has served on corporate boards and brings a broad understanding of the issues involved. A published author, Mr. Bondy has delivered lectures and spoken frequently around the country. He is fluent in English and Spanish, his first language. Litigation Support - Having had experience with many complex projects throughout his career, Mr. Bondy is able to serve as an expert consultant or as an expert witness for complex matters and issues regarding annuities, insurance, reinsurance, emerging mortality, experience issues, and corporate matters. He provides a broad range of litigation support services to attorneys representing both plaintiff and defendant. Areas of Expertise
Vera Dolan is an epidemiologist with over 30 years of experience in the life and health insurance industries. She is one of the leading mortality experts in the life insurance industry. She writes underwriting manuals and policy and procedure manuals for life and health insurance companies.
Vera has testified in both state and federal court, and has been retained in over 150 cases since 2006 for plaintiffs and defense on an equal basis. She is very credible testifying in deposition and on the stand.
* Life expectancies that are personalized and accurate to the standards of the life insurance and life settlement industries. Addresses the cases when life expectancies that are simply taken from a life table or estimated by a doctor, actuary or statistician are not sufficient, not credible or have been excluded. Studies have shown that doctors underestimate life expectancies and statisticians cannot provide accurate individual life expectancies. Addresses the cases when a complete insight into the individual's medical conditions and/or personal history of high-risk behaviors is needed to assist the judge or jury in their decision. This information often decides the case, see article for details.
* Expert in bad faith/wrongful denial of life/health insurance claims.
* Expert in life/health insurance underwriting material misrepresentation.
* Expert in medical risk assessment and underwriting issues.
* Expert in life insurance underwriting policies and procedures.
* Expert in epidemiology. Previous cases include infectious diseases, occupational and environmental exposures, pesticides and tobacco.
* Approved life expectancy expert with the U.S. Department of Justice.
* Active consultant to the life insurance industry conducting cohort mortality studies, and writing underwriting and policy and procedure manuals.
* Over 100 articles published on mortality research and underwriting.
* Friendly, clear, concise, objective and quantitative.
* There is no charge for the initial phone consultation.
* There is no charge for travel time.
During 30+ years of serving the Healthcare Industry, Mr. Blount has served more than 300 clients in 30 states in the areas of Reasonable Charges (UCR), Medical Billing; False Claims, Regulatory Compliance, Reimbursement, Damage Quantification, and Financial Management. Mr. Blount is a Fellow and Certified Financial Professional in HFMA, member of the American Institute & Georgia Society of CPAs, and National Association of Health Underwriters, and has been an Arbitrator for American Health Lawyers Association. He has been admitted as an expert in multiple US District and State Courts and Administrative Hearings, and has testified for plaintiffs and defendants, providers, payors and government clients. A nationally recognized author, Mr. Blount has co-authored AMA’s best selling "Mastering the Reimbursement Process" book.
CV and Legal references provided upon request.
Milliman’s Tampa Office provides Health Insurance, Health Care and Employee Benefit Consulting to law firms, insurance companies, hospitals, HMO’s, Blue Cross/Blue Shield plans, employers and government agencies. Our staff is experienced with medical, dental, long-term care, Medicare supplement & critical illness.
We assist clients nationwide with forensic actuarial work, rate filings, regulatory compliance, reserve projections, valuations, employee benefit analysis and design, mergers and acquisitions, demutualizations, claim cost analysis, and utilization management programs.
These health care services are used in litigation relating to:
Managing Partner, Healthcare Practice works with health systems, health IT companies, and health plans. Recent retentions by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). Drug pricing, patent infringement, medical coding and billing and Qui Tam False Claims Act and fraud case specialties. He has in-depth experience in HIPAA mandates, the HITECH Act and Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and is a published author and regular speaker. He consults to clients including Health IT investors, Health IT companies, and health plans and hospital systems in matters regarding:HIPAA Privacy Rule, HIPAA Security Rule, HIPAA Breaches, Revenue Cycle Management
Daryll W. Martin, JD, MBA has a unique professional experience as a Lawyer, Insurance Broker, and Insurance Brokerage Executive. Mr Martin has over 30 years of insurance experience, serving nearly half of that time as corporate counsel for two international brokers, and the other half of that time as a senior insurance brokerage executive.
Broad Coverage Experience: Property & Casualty; Employee Benefits / Life & Health (qualified and non-qualified); D&O / Employment Practices Liability / Fiduciary; Property / Business Interruption / Boiler & Machinery / Inland & Ocean Marine; Casualty: General Liability / Professional Liability / Workers Compensation / Umbrella / Excess.
Broad Brokerage Customer Industry Experience: Construction; Energy; Transportation; Manufacturing; Financial Institutions; Health Care; Public Entity / Not For Profit; and, Technology
Extensive Insurance Industry Operational Experience: Executive officer of nationally ranked insurance brokers; Managed and handled a variety of international, national, and middle market accounts; Self Insurance / Large Retentions / Alternative Risk Transfer Vehicles; Foreign Placements; Wholesale Brokerage; Insurance Underwriting; Reinsurance; Technical Services / Loss Control / Actuarial/Risk Management Consulting; Actuary Services / Actuary Liability; Insurer Solvency / Market Security; Finance and Accounting; Mergers & Acquisitions; Insurance Sales; Client Service Standards; Technology Infrastructure; Human Resource Management; and, Insurer / Broker Relationship Management.
Areas of Expertise: