Coalition for Children
is a not-for-profit (501(c)(3)) organization established in 1982 to protect children and to help children protect themselves.
Founder, Sherryll Kraizer, Ph.D., is an internationally recognized expert and author in several areas of Youth-at-Risk and Child Well-Being, including sexual abuse, physical and emotional abuse, bullying and interpersonal violence, and child safety.
- Dr. Kraizer was on the ground floor of the child abuse prevention field in the early ‘80s, working with the C. Henry Kempe National Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect and founding the Coalition for Children. She has written many articles, books and curricula that address recognition, prevention and reporting of child abuse (including sexual, physical, emotional and neglect). She also has expertise in the areas of bullying, school safety, special education, and duty to supervise in a wide variety of settings.
Working with schools, religious organizations, community groups and treatment facilities for over thirty years, Dr. Kraizer has a deep and historically accurate understanding of the standard of care, policies and procedures, training, and supervision consistent with protecting children as they have evolved over time. She is qualified to assess standard of care, policies, procedures, best practices and supervision of staff in order to maximize your facilities ability to protect children from harm.
- Child Abuse (sexual, physical, emotional and neglect) – programmatic content, policies, procedures, training, mandatory reporting, prevention best practices including background checks, staff and child supervision, continuous evaluation and coaching
- Bullying / Interpersonal Violence – programmatic content, policies, procedures, training, prevention best practices including staff and child training, supervision, continuous evaluation and coaching, response to reports of bullying
- Technology - in the constantly changing landscape of technology, communication, and free access to unlimited and uncensored information, there are strategies that work
- Employment – hiring policies and practices, background checks, training, supervision, evaluation and improvement plans, retention, and termination
- Supervision / Child and Adult – policies, procedures, staffing ratios, staff training and professional development, staff supervision, intervention and correction, retention
- Playground / Site Safety – supervision, policies, procedures, equipment, maintenance, role of active supervision in child safety
- Special Education – Individualized education plans, service delivery, policies, procedures
- International Opportunities - All of the programs authored by Dr. Kraizer are now available without charge to organizations in developing countries. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. Please contact her to talk about the needs in your country and how they can help jumpstart your efforts. The programs include:
View Dr. Kraizer's Expert Witness Profile
Sherryll Kraizer, PhD
This book offers strategies on the latest forms of bullying, like cyber-bullying via instant message and networking sites. With anecdotes throughout, it book also teaches how to successfully approach another parent or a school about bullying.
Sherryll Kraizer, PhD
It's the most urgent and highly publicized issue facing America's family: how to teach our children to protect themselves in any situation. Based on the author's successful education workshop, which has been in operation since 1969 and has educated more than 50, 000 parents and children nationwide, The Safe Child Book gives parents effective and nonthreatening techniques for teaching children how to protect themselves without making them afraid.