*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Special Education Consultants: 5
Dr. Joseph S. Schwartzberg, is an Educational Consultant / Expert Witness who provides consultation and testimony on cases involving students with disabilities.
Dr. Schwartzberg was responsible for developing and administering legally compliant special education programs for the 14 districts of North San Diego County. For 13 years, he served as the Senior Director of the North Coastal Consortium for Special Education for the San Diego County Office of Education. For the 7 years prior, he was the Division Director for the Southern Westchester, NY, Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES).
Litigation Support - Dr. Schwartzberg is experienced and skilled at deposition and trial testimony in state and federal court, broad knowledge and expertise in several areas, including but not limited to the following: matters related to the appropriate programming / services for children with disabilities, standards of care and school district responsibilities, child abuse and mandated reporter responsibilities,school safety, other agency services and responsibilities, plaintiff and defendant responsibilities, family court, civil court and administrative hearings, alternative dispute resolution.
Areas of Expertise:
- Standards of Care
- Other Agency Responsibilities
- Non-public Schools
- Appropriate Programming for Students with Disabilities
Professional consultation for schools, attorneys and individuals. Court-qualified education administration, liability, school review and special education expert. More than 30 years experience in education. National practice.
DOCTORATE: Rutgers University - Education Administration.
MASTERS: College of NJ - Special Education.
MASTERS: Franklin Pierce Law Center - Education Law.
LAWYERS - Document review. Case analysis, development and litigation support. Expert reports. Deposition and trial testimony. School evaluations and comparisons for matrimonial issues.
SCHOOLS - Liability and management assessments. Policy review and recommendations. Program review and development. Special seminars.
Virginia Rhodes, EdD has over 35 years experience in Urban School District Policy, School Development, Administration and Teaching. Dr. Rhodes' specialties include persistently failing city schools, new school start-ups, intentional school design
- District and individual school strategy for equity
- Replacing factory model district & school structures with highly engaging models
- Replacing punitive discipline with developmental systems
- *STEM start-ups and environmental school design
- Innovative teacher hiring, and teacher-led school models, including in districts with collective bargaining
- Replacing toxic district or school culture with human-friendly models
- Effective school security and safety--beyond electronics to the human side
- Collaborating with community grassroots organizing partners
Background - Dr. Rhodes has provided consulting services to an international firm on certain aspects of U.S. public school practices prior to their exploration of a related market sector. She acted as a consultant to the University of Cincinnati Career Center assisting in the development of pre-service teacher hiring expectations. Dr. Rhodes was retained by Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center to co-investigate a study for mental health and achievement factors related to excessive student mobility.
As a consultant on AdvancedEd School Accreditation Teams, she has evaluated high school performance. Dr. Rhodes has researched and written numerous articles on school mobility, achievement, culture, and STEM (NSF). She has conducted numerous training workshops and spoken on urban school district policy and other related topics to various community groups and national educational organizations.
Child Safety Consultant Sherryll Kraizer
460 S. Marion Parkway
Coalition for Children is a not-for-profit (501(c)(3)) organization established in 1982 to protect children and to help children protect themselves. Founder, Sherryll Kraizer, Ph.D., is an internationally recognized expert and author in several areas of Youth-at-Risk and Child Well-Being, including sexual abuse, physical and emotional abuse, bullying and interpersonal violence, and child safety.
Background Experience - Dr. Kraizer was on the ground floor of the child abuse prevention field in the early ‘80s, working with the C. Henry Kempe National Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect and founding the Coalition for Children. She has written articles, books and curricula that address recognition, prevention and reporting of child abuse (including sexual, physical, emotional and neglect). She also has expertise in the areas of Title IX bullying, school safety, special education, and duty to supervise in a wide variety of settings.
Working with schools, religious organizations, community groups, and treatment facilities for over thirty years, Dr. Kraizer has a deep and historically accurate understanding of the standard of care, policies and procedures, training, and supervision consistent with protecting children as they have evolved over time from the 1960's forward. She is qualified to assess standard of care, policies, procedures, best practices and supervision of staff in order to maximize your facilities ability to protect children from harm.
- Child Abuse (sexual, physical, emotional and neglect) – programmatic content, policies, procedures, training, mandatory reporting, prevention best practices including background checks, staff and child supervision, continuous evaluation and coaching
- Bullying / Interpersonal Violence – programmatic content, policies, procedures, training, prevention best practices including staff and child training, supervision, continuous evaluation and coaching, response to reports of bullying
- Technology - in the constantly changing landscape of technology, communication, and free access to unlimited and uncensored information, there are strategies that work
- Employment – hiring policies and practices, background checks, training, supervision, evaluation and improvement plans, retention, and termination
- Supervision / Child and Adult – policies, procedures, staffing ratios, staff training and professional development, staff supervision, intervention, and correction, retention
- Playground / Site Safety – supervision, policies, procedures, equipment, maintenance, role of active supervision in child safety
- Special Education – Individualized education plans, service delivery, policies, procedures
International Opportunities - International Opportunities - All of the programs authored by Dr. Kraizer are now available without charge to organizations in developing countries. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. Please contact her to talk about the needs in your country and how they can help jumpstart your efforts. The programs include:
- The Safe Child Program
- The Reach, Challenge and Recovery Life Skills Programs
- The Take A Stand Prevention of Bullying Program
Dr. Imber also addresses the needs of Children, Adolescents and Adults concerning Attention Deficit Disorder, Learning and Behavioral Disabilities for Children and Adolescents, Learning Disabilities for Adults and Forensic Evaluation.
A noted author and speaker, Dr. Imber has been a Presenter and/or Session Leader at several National Council for Exceptional Children's Conferences as well as several State and Regional Conferences, LRP Annual National Conference on Legal Issues of Educating Individuals with Disabilities.
New York location:
61-43 186th Street
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365