Virginia Rhodes, EdD
has an extensive background in public schooling with over 35 years of experience in duty of care: teaching, administrative, hiring, supervision, evaluation and instruction in K-12 settings. Her work in research, and as a school board member in a large district, grounds her expertise in school policy and district and whole-school effectiveness.
As principal and policy-maker, Dr. Rhodes was known for her work in reclaiming failing high schools, including moving an Ohio high school from 8% passage on the state science test to 54.5% in 2 years, collaboratively, within a contractual environment.
Dr. Rhodes provides Expert Witness testimony and preparation services for districts and law firms. She has represented both plaintiff and defense. Dr. Rhodes' services are available nationally and internationally, as she is culturally competent and travels and speaks at conferences regularly. Previous cases have included student injury, student death, religious discrimination, race discrimination, wrongful termination, discrimination in hiring on basis of disability, sexual abuse, administrative supervision, teacher supervision, actions of paraprofessionals including teacher assistants and security guards, as well as school evaluations for domestic cases.
Areas of expertise include
View Dr. Rhodes' Consulting Profile
- school practices, school district policy & practice,
- organizational planning & development, standards of administrative, teacher and school staff practice
- teacher training / evaluation, administrative training
- school climate, SEL (social-emotional learning), disciplinary methods and standards,
- Diversity Issues within Personnel and Student Settings
- Urban School Research
- Deposition Digests & Document Review
- STEM, Environmental, Magnet, and other Specialty Programming
- Conditions Affecting Low-income Students: Mobility, Poverty
- Urban Schooling / High-risk Settings
- Innovative & 21st Century Practices - Domestic and Abroad
- Academic Achievement and Program Development