*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
School Violence Expert Witnesses: 9
Dr. William L. Bainbridge, Ph.D., FACFE, is a Forensic Education Expert with extensive experience in School Related Accidents, Incidents, Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment, College Athletics/Sports Injuries and Title IX compliance. He is court qualified in Schooling, Education Standards, Policies, and is considered to an Expert in over 35 states.
Dr. Bainbridge currently serves as President and CEO of the SchoolMatch® Institute and as a Distinguished Research Professor at The University of Dayton.
Charles H. Heller, PhD, is a Forensic Psychology Expert with over 35 years of experience in his field. Dr. Heller is currently on staff at Rutgers University Biomedical Health service, specializing in criminal behavior and risk assessment. He also serves as a forensic psychologist consultant for the Rockland County (NY) court evaluation service, where he has performed hundreds of child custody, as well as criminal competency and child abuse/neglect evaluations.
Litigation Support - Dr. Heller specializes in conducting custody evaluations, providing the review and analysis of potentially mitigating circumstances in connection with criminal behavior, and providing consultation to attorneys regarding civil litigation. He has extensive court experience in Civil, Criminal, and Family Court cases. Dr. Heller is a fully vetted and approved forensic psychologist for the NJ Office of the Public Defender as well as other Public Defender offices. (Federal Public Defender, Legal Aid in Manhattan, Bronx, Kings and the NYC assigned counsel program). He often travels throughout the US as a forensic consultant in important court cases including military Court Martials, death row assessment, sexual abuse, assault and multiple homicides. He is well known and respected among his colleagues as a clinician and as a forensic psychologist/expert witness.
Civil Litigation - (Emotional and Mental Injury) - Dr. Heller is retained by both plaintiff and defense counsel to assess plaintiffs for emotional and mental injury. He takes an unbiased, ethical approach to assessments and is not "a hired gun." He is an expert in objective evaluations that assess the probability the plaintiff is suffering PTSD, other emotional injuries, or if there is exaggeration of symptoms based upon psychological testing and other data. He has expertise in cases that involve group home / residential schools, provider negligence, and assaults.
Criminal Litigation - Dr. Heller is experienced in providing successful rebuttal testimony explaining the scientific issues related to the problems of validity, reliability, and usefulness of "Syndrome evidence" such as "Child Sexual Abuse Accommodation Syndrome" and "Rape Trauma Syndrome." He testifies in child sexual abuse cases and explains research related to false allegations, recantations, memory, suggestibility, child testimony, interview protocols, and "Believed-In Imaginings" in children and adults. He has expertise in domestic violence and has assessed women who have been victims of intimate partner violence and "Battered Women Syndrome" that contributed to homicides, assaults, and other felonies by the victims of abuse.
|Manhattan: (Mailing Address)|
Two Park Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Alt. Phone: 845-354-0535
|New Jersey: (Alternate Mailing Address|
140 East Ridgewood Avenue
South Tower, Suite 415
Paramus, NJ 07652
|Westchester County: (Not for Mail Service)|
520 White Plains Road, Suite 500
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Mr. Murphy provides Security Expert Witness testimony for plaintiff or defense in a broad area of security liability. He specializes in Crime Analysis to establish Foreseeability and to determine the Reasonableness of security measures. Mr. Murphy has extensive litigation experience opposing Wal Mart. Plaintiff 60% Defendant 40%
Areas of expertise:
- Premises Liability and Inadequate Security - apartment communities, bars and Other adult Entertainment venues, malls and shopping centers, parking garages / lots, motel, restaurants
- Retail Loss Prevention - hiring, training and supervision, false arrest, shoplifting, excessive use of force, death during apprehensions, false imprisonment, employee theft, wrongful termination in malls, and major retail settings
- Bouncers, Bars, Nightclubs, and Security Guards - mall security, shopping center security, proprietary and contract security guards and off duty police
- Insurance Casualty Claims - adequacy of security hardware such as burglar alarms, robbery alarms, closed circuit television (CCTV), fencing, fictitious pickups of goods and cargo theft at warehouses and distribution centers
David Wolowitz, JD is an Education Law Attorney with 40 years of extensive experience advising schools and youth serving organizatons on the current and past standard of care for protection of minors from harm by peers, educators, and trusted adults.
Law Practice: Mr. Wolowitz has advised schools nationwide and internationally on all aspects of risk prevention and crisis response, with a focus on child safeguarding by promoting healthy relationships through the management and oversight of a healthy school culture. He is a pioneer in applying behavioral risk management concepts, including training on healthy teacher – student boundaries and the establishment of standards of conduct. He also has advised many youth serving organizations, such as churches, camps, and other organizations that work with children and vulnerable populations.
Expert Witness: Mr. Wolowitz has been qualified as an expert witness for plaintiffs and defendants on the adequacy of policies, procedures, investigations, remediation, and training relating to the protection of minors in schools and youth serving organizations. He has also provided expert opinions on the adequacy of employment practices, including hiring, training, and supervision. These cases have involved claims against teachers, administrators, coaches, mental health professionals, and religious advisors.
Litigation Support: Mr. Wolowitz has significant civil and criminal trial experience in federal and state trial and appellate courts in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. He was an invited guest instructor of the Trial Advocacy Workshop at Harvard Law School for 29 years.
Areas of Expertise
Virginia Rhodes, EdD has an extensive background in public schooling with over 35 years of experience in duty of care: teacher, principal, hiring, supervision, evaluation and instruction in K-12 settings. Her work in research, and as a school board member in a large district grounds her expertise in school policy and district and administrative function. As principal and policy-maker, Dr. Rhodes was known for her work in reclaiming failing high schools, including moving an Ohio high school from 8% passage on the state science test to 54.5% in 2 years, collaboratively, within a contractual environment. Dr. Rhodes provides expert witness research, reports & testimony for districts and law firms, representing both plaintiff and defense. Dr. Rhodes' services are available nationally and internationally, as she is culturally competent,traveling, presenting at conferences and observing schools. Previous cases have included student injury, & death, religious/race, disability discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual abuse, administrative supervision, teacher supervision, actions of paraprofessionals including teacher assistants, security guards, and school resource officers, as well as school evaluations & recommendations for domestic cases.
Areas of expertise include:
- School and district disciplinary policy & practices
- Standards of care and duty for administrative, teacher and school staff
- Teacher training/evaluation, administrative training
- School climate, culture, SEL (social-emotional learning), trauma-informed practice
- Diversity issues within personnel and student settings
- Urban school research & new trends in teacher leadership
- Deposition & court testimony, document review & analysis
- STEM, environmental, magnet, and other specialty programming
- Conditions Affecting Low-income Students: Mobility, Poverty, Trauma, Discrimination, Bias
- Challenges of hIgh poverty schools
- Innovative & 21st century practices
- Academic achievement and program development
- Organizational planning & development
Alan J. Robinson brings over 35 years of Security / Law Enforcement experience to the security, safety, fire safety, emergency management field. Mr. Robinson is a former Supervisor, Protection Services for Disney-ABC, Inc. in New York, where he coordinated the security of millions of dollars in equipment for both Reagan Presidential Inaugurations. While at Disney-ABC, he was credited with creating the first hostage negotiation training class after an incident at ABC News in Washington, D.C.
Background Experience: For the past 25 years, Mr. Robinson has been the Director of Protection and Security Services/Emergency Management for Atlantic Health System; a hospital system based in New Jersey where he manages: Public Safety and Security, Fire/Life Safety, Emergency Management, Investigations, and Special Events for a healthcare system that approximately 10 million square feet of physical plant and campus, spread throughout New Jersey.
Mr. Robinson directly and indirectly manages over one-hundred (100) security officers, investigators, fire safety officers, emergency management officers, and contract law enforcement officers. He has successfully navigated numerous external agency regulatory compliance surveys including those from the “Joint Commission,” State Department of Health, New Jersey Office of Homeland Security, and New Jersey Office of Counter-Terrorism.
Litigation Support: Mr. Robinson has been retained to provide consultation, security analysis, and security expert witness testimony by plaintiff and defendant in a wide variety of civil suits. He is available to consult and testify in matters concerning:
Areas of Expertise
Workplace Violence Prevention and Investigation · Public Safety & Security · Emergency Management · Preventing Infant Abduction · Child Predator Protection · Narcotic Diversion Investigations · Multi-Facility Management · Asset Protection · Hospital Security · Continuous Process Improvement · Crisis Event Management
Owner and Lead Expert Witness at School Liability Expert Group. Expert witness services for plaintiff and defendant attorneys litigating cases involving the question of liability for wrongful death, personal injury, sexual harassment/abuse, Title IX, Section 1983, in daycare through college/university and other child and youth-serving organizations. Court-qualified with more than 40 years experience in school/agency administration and expert witness work. International practice.
DOCTORATE: Rutgers University - Education Administration.
MASTERS: College of NJ - Special Education. MASTERS: University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce Law Center - Education Law.
LAWYERS - Case review and analysis, litigation support. Expert reports, deposition and trial testimony.
SCHOOLS - Liability and management assessments. Policy review and recommendations. Special seminars.
Dr. Joseph S. Schwartzberg, is an Educational Consultant / Expert Witness who provides consultation and testimony on cases involving students with disabilities and School safety matters.. Dr. Schwartzberg was responsible for developing and administering legally compliant special education and general programs for 35 school districts in NY before doing likewise for the 14 districts of North San Diego County. For 13 years, he served as the Senior Director of the North Coastal Consortium for Special Education for the San Diego County Office of Education.
Litigation Support - Dr. Schwartzberg has provided expert witness services to counsel representing both plaintiff and defense in state,federal as well as family court.
Areas of Expertise:
- School Safety
- Standards of Care
- Other Agency Responsibilities
- Non-public Schools
- Appropriate Programming for Students with Disabilities
Certification / Credentials:
- School Administrator and Supervisor (SAS)
- School District Administrator (SDA)
- Professional Clear Administrative Services Credential
- Professional Clear Single Subject Teaching Credential : Health Science
- Learning Disabilities, Emotionally Handicapped, General Special Education
- Nursery, Kindergarten, Grades 1-6
- Health and special classes of the orthopedically and similarly handicapped
- Teacher of children with special learning handicaps
Stephen M. Raffle, M.D. is double Board-Certified in Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry. Dr. Raffle has over 49 years as a clinical and forensic psychiatrist offering his expert opinion in Federal and State jurisdictions nationwide. In addition to serving as an expert witness, Dr. Raffle consults to attorneys, judges, insurers, and to employers regarding Fitness for Duty and Risk of Violence (Threat) Assessment:
- 5000+ psychiatric assessments
- Expert testimony in 700 depositions and trials
- Successful clinical practice
The job of an expert witness is to educate a jury, judge, attorney, and trier of fact about the forensic psychiatrist's conclusions and how those opinions were derived in a manner well-reasoned, skillful, and easily understood by every person, not only another forensic psychiatrist. In short, an educator. Dr. Raffle’s experience as an educator extends well beyond a forensic venue, yet underpins the key to his ability to explain his opinions.
- Prof. of Psychiatry, UCSF Medical School, 20 years
- U.C. Hastings College of the Law postgraduate course "Trial and Appellate Advocacy" instructing seasoned attorneys about the direct and cross-examination of expert witnesses, with special focus on mental health experts and licensed medical professionals, Psychiatrists (MDs), Psychologists (LCSWs / MFTs), and physicians in other medical specialties, 11 years
Stephen M. Raffle, M.D. & Associates' expertise is well-established in forensic assessment in the areas of:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Dementia and Competency
- Testamentary Capacity
- Undue Influence
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Emotional Distress: Intentional & Unintentional infliction
- Emotional Distress: Forensic Evaluation to render medical-legal opinion
- Diagnosis and Need for Treatment
- Fitness For Duty
- Risk/Threat Workplace Violence Assessment
- Wrongful Termination
- Discrimination (ADA, Title VII, EEOC)
- Employment Litigation
- Catastrophic Injury
- Temporary and Permanent Disability
- Medical Records Review
- Assist in Preparation for Direct and Cross-examination of Expert Witnesses and Deposition of expert witnesses
Licensed in California.