*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Dr. Ewen Todd is a Food Safety Expert with over 45 years of experience in the reporting and surveillance of Foodborne Disease, as well as development of analytical methods for identifying foodborne pathogens. As a result of his knowledge of foodborne disease and work researching different pathogens and toxins, Dr. Todd has influenced research programs and regulatory approaches taken by the Health Protection Branch of Health Canada. In the US, he held the position of Director of the National Food Safety and Toxicology Center and the Food Safety Policy Center at Michigan State University.
A leader in microbial research, foodborne disease surveillance, costing of outbreaks, food safety policy, seafood toxins, standard-setting, risk assessment, risk management and risk communication, his presentations and food safety programs have been influential in many countries including China, Cambodia, Japan, United Arab Emirates, Lebanon, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Europe, as well as Canada, and the USA. Dr. Todd has delivered over 400 presentations and posters at national and international meetings, with over 200 invitations to speak and teach workshops.
An acclaimed author in the field of Foodborne Illness, he has written 109 research papers, 16 reviews, 36 book chapters and booklets, 40 departmental publications, 37 conference proceedings, 9 laboratory methods, 56 investigational and editorial articles, 90 published abstracts, and 3 editings of proceedings or books. Dr. Todd has received 20 appointments and awards, including the Excellence in Science Award for 1998, the first to be awarded by Health Canada. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the International Association for Food Protection and MSU University Outreach and Engagement as well as Editor in Chief for the Elsevier Encyclopaedia of Food Safety.
Dr. Todd's Consulting services are available to businesses and governments internationally. He responds to telephone calls, emails, and written requests for information on food and waterborne disease.
Consulting Services Include
- General Food Safety and Spoilage Issues
- HACCP and GHP Systems
- Standards for Poultry
- Listeria Monocytogenes in Soft Cheeses
- Standards for Poultry
- Seafood Toxins
- Food Workers
- Investigation of Foodborne and Waterborne Illnesses
- Foodborne Disease Surveillance Systems
- Risk Assessment, Risk Management and Risk Governance
- Safety of Aquaculture Systems
- Norovirus in Elder Care and Other Facilities
- Salmonella and Shigella in Schools and Child Care Centers
- Salmonella in Tahini and Other Oil-based Foods
- Escherichia coli O157:H7 in Leafy Greens
- Staphylococcus aureus in Cheese, Clostridium botulinum in Canned or Preserved Food and Native American / Inuit Fermented Food
- Listeria monocytogenes in Deli Meats and Soft Cheeses
- Controlling Listeria monocytogenes in Ready-to-eat Foods
- Hydrophobic Grid Membrane Filter Systems