Dr. George Edwards, Ph.D. is an expert in Computer Software, Internet Applications, Web Technologies, Mobile Phone/Tablet Applications, Digital Video and Multimedia, Medical and Embedded Software, and Aerospace/Defense Systems. He has more than a decade of experience as a scientist, engineer, and technical consultant to academic research labs, government agencies, technology companies, and attorneys. Dr. Ewards has authored dozens of articles and papers related to software engineering for scientific journals and industry magazines. He is listed as a co-inventor on two pending patent applications for novel software technology and has served as a software expert witness in patent litigation matters. Dr. Edwards teaches a graduate-level course on software engineering at the University of Southern California. Dr. Edwards provides expert consulting in the following areas:
- Intellectual property and patent infringement
- Software design/source code audit and review
- Non-performance claims
- Expert witness and depositions
Dr. Edwards is an expert in the following technologies :
- Programming languages & platforms: Java, C/C++, C#, Perl, Python, PHP, .NET, WinForms, WPF, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Java EE, CORBA
- Mobile devices & applications: Android, iOS, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Palm OS, Java ME
- Multimedia: MPEG, SVG, DVR, Silverlight, Flash
- Operating systems & servers: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Mac OS
- Networking: IMAP, POP, SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP
- Databases: RDBMS, SQL, MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MySQL
- Project management & development methods: Kanban, Lean software development, agile, object-oriented (OO), aspect-oriented programming (AOP), component-based development, COTS integration, requirements engineering, spiral model, UML
View Expert Witness Profile.
The importance of software patents has increased dramatically in recent years. The high profile patent disputes between Apple, Google, and other smartphone companies have attracted the most attention in the press, but patent battles are being waged all across the software industry.