Howard Cannon, Restaurant, Bar, and Foodservice Industry Author, Speaker, Analyst, Consultant, Expert Witness, Mediator, and CEO has served dozens of the world's largest restaurant brands, and has worked in virtually every type and style of restaurant, bar, and food service industry environment, from convenience food to fine dining, and on behalf of nearly every type, size, and style of company, from Fortune 500 international companies to independent "mom-and-pop" operations.
Author: Mr. Cannon’s world-famous books can be found in book stores in 76 countries around the globe including Barnes and Noble, Books-a-Million, Amazon, and many other fine retailers. Mr. Cannon's most famous books, including, "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting A Restaurant (1st & 2nd Edition,)", are highly-recognizable and read by tens of thousands of people.
Restaurant Expert Witness, a division of Restaurant Operations Institute, Inc. - founded in 1987, is one of America's most highly-visible & highly-recognizable restaurant, bar, and foodservice industry consulting, expert witness, and advisory firms - providing restaurant, bar, and foodservice industry analysis, consultation, expertise, opinions, advice, management, mediation, content, and expert witness services to clients of all types and sizes, and in markets across the country and around the globe. View Howard Cannon's Expert Witness Profile
- Restaurant Expert Witness Services: litigation support - unbiased opinions, testimony, and reports - for Plaintiffs and Defendants in State and Federal courts. NO CHARGE for domestic travel.
- Restaurant Turnaround & Profit Improvement: for those looking to get better performance out of their restaurant or group of restaurants of any type, style or size anywhere across the country or around the world.
- Restaurant Start-Up: a wide variety of products and services, specializing in projects for high net worth individuals and for restaurants and bars that are well-funded.
- How to Start a Restaurant – attended by people from every walk of life that dream of opening and operating a successful restaurant.
- How to Fix a Restaurant – attended by those who are already in the restaurant business in either a chain or an independent with responsibility for one to several dozen locations. These participants are generally looking for higher sales, lower costs, and better profits.
Custom Restaurant Industry Speeches & Seminars: providing unique and memorable speeches and seminars covering a wide variety of restaurant-based subject matter to audiences of all types and sizes in markets across the country and around the world.
If you have a pending lawsuit that pertains to a restaurant or bar industry legal matter, you need to know what "shared space" is, and how it applies to your underlying legal matter, and the role that OSHA guidelines, codes and safety rules will have. Shared space is an industry specific formula and will impact the standards that you apply and could be the difference between winning or losing your case.
Howard Cannon and Shirley Waters
Compiled from more than 1,000 hours of research and statistical analysis, Restaurant OSHA Safety and Security was written to help provide restaurant owners, managers, executives, employers, employees, and vendors what they need to know about OSHA and industry standards and best practices in simple language, so they can concentrate on being successful and making money.
In this revised edition, aspiring restaurateurs will find everything they need to know to open a successful restaurant, including choosing a concept and location, creating a business plan, finding the cash, and much more. New content includes information on tips, tip-outs, and reporting for the entire staff, choosing the best POS system, setting up a bar and managing the wine list, and making the bottom line look good long-term.