*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Power Tools Safety Expert Witnesses: 3
John L. Ryan, BSME, P.E. is a Mechanical Engineer who provides general Mechanical and Structural Engineering expertise. Mechanical and Safety Engineering (MASE) provides full service analysis and accident reconstruction of products involved in accidents.
Mr. Ryan's services have been requested for attorneys and insurance companies needing forensic engineering expert witness testimony to determine whether machinery and products involved in injury cases were adequately designed or whether they have a Design, Manufacturing, or Material Defect. All products are lab-tested on site to determine adherence to industry standards and engineering design protocol. Alternate preventative designs are developed when none exist commercially.
Mr. Ryan is available for both Plaintiff and Defense, depending on the individual case. His services include producing high quality reports and visual aids in the courtroom such as scale models to help explain accident scenarios and alternate designs to judges and juries.
Areas of Expertise:
- Accident Investigation and Reconstruction
- Machine Guarding Accident Investigation
- Ladder Failure Investigation
- Design Defect Analysis
- Structural Analysis of Buildings
- Product Liability Investigations
- Crash Data Retrieval
- General Engineering Injuries and Issues
- Industrial safety
- Engineering Continuing Education
- Product Certification
In parallel, Dr. Read has spent over twenty five years as a consultant to attorneys and engineers. He has given more than 100 depositions and has appeared in court numerous times.
Company Profile: Read Consulting, LLC is a full service laboratory providing services in the following areas:
Greg Gerganoff, CSP, Esq., possesses extensive experience in safety compliance and practice involving OSHA and MSHA. He obtained is law degree from Western Michigan University, Cooley Law School and practiced general civil law for approximately 12 years in Colorado prior to entering the safety profession. He earned a Certified Safety Professional certification and has 18 years of field safety experience in mining, oil and gas, construction, manufacturing, power plant outages, and light rail construction.
- An Authorized Outreach Trainer for OSHA General Industry.
- A PEC Safeland Basic and Core instructor (Oil and gas).
- An MSHA Approved Instructor (Blue Card) for Surface, Metal/nonmetal.
- A member of the American Society of Safety Professionals.
His professional safety experience includes OSHA / MSHA Safety field work and compliance with experience in the heavy construction, manufacturing, light rail construction, power plant outages, public schools, oil and gas, mining, pipeline, and trenching and excavation industries.
Litigation Support: Mr. Gerganoff assists with discovery questions regarding safety matters. Safety opinions based upon statutory, administrative, judicial rulings and related industry association safety policies ancillary to OSHA and MSHA. Mr. Gerganoff is retained by attorneys for both Plaintiff and Defendant.
Some of the subject matter litigation he has handled include:
- Forklift Safety and Operation
- Lock Out Tag Out/Natural Gas Compressor Stations
- Oil and Gas Safety
- Manufacturing Safety
- Construction Safety
- Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety
- Crane and Aerial Lift Safety
- Mining Safety
- Traffic Control Plans/MUTCD
- Working at Heights, Employee Safety Training
- Fall Protection, Ladders, Stairways