*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Disability - Accessibility - ADA Consultants: 12
Mike Panish is one of the most frequently retained consultants for all construction related services and trades with specialties in Doors, Door Hardware, Security, Automatic Doors, Cabinetry & Architectural Millwork. Mike is often used in the early stages of a lawsuit or claim, or prior to a law firm’s acceptance of a case to analyze the information provided by a prospective client. He is frequently called upon by insurance companies to evaluate a claim because of his knowledge and highly diverse background. He has been a retained expert witness in over 1450 legal cases since the year 2000, and regularly consults on issues that are not involved in legal disputes.
Mike Panish is referred by attorneys that have worked with him or have been on the opposing sides to help resolve a potential claim or legal dispute prior to filing an action. Contractor fraud, dispute resolution for homeowners/contractors. Licensed in CA as a General Building Contractor, Electrical Contractor, Door, Lock & Security Equipment Contractor, Cabinet & Millwork Contractor, and Painting & Finish Specialties Contractor. 35+ years hands-on experience in all construction trades with over 1600 cases since the year 2000. Local to CA & New England. Nationwide Inspection & Testimony.
Areas of Expertise:
- Automatic Door Personal Injury, Wrongful Death Cases
- Door and Door Hardware Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Defects Cases
- Cabinetry, Architectural Millwork, Furniture Personal injury, Defects Cases
- Slip, Trip, Fall / Railings / ADA Personal Injury Cases
- General Construction (all trades) Defects Cases, Personal Injury Cases, Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability, Premises Security for Criminal Cases, Elder Abuse Cases, Wrongful Death
- Building Inspections (all types), Site Evaluation, Product Evaluation, Defect Analysis, Poor Workmanship, Costs & Estimates, Plans Analysis, Proper Installation, Claim Analysis
Dr. Randall Atlas AIA , CPP is a Registered Architect, NCARB certified, and he practices Criminal Justice Architecture and Environmental Security Design. Atlas is a certified protection professional (CPP) with the American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS), and is an appointed member of the ASIS Security Architecture and Engineering Committee. Atlas has his doctorate in criminology and a masters of architecture. Dr Atlas is a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Architecture for Justice Committee.
Dr. Atlas has taught CPTED (Crime Prevention through Environmental Design) and criminal justice courses at Florida International University, Florida Atlantic University, and the University of Miami, Keiser University, and he is a trainer with the National Crime Prevention Institute at the University of Louisville. Dr. Atlas has been a technical Assistance consultant with the National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, and the Florida Department of Corrections and U.S. HUD Drug Elimination CPTED Program.
He has conducted ADA accessibility compliance audits for private and public sector clients, and served as an expert witness on over 200 premises liability lawsuits.
Dr. Atlas has been a speaker and trainer at security conferences from New Delhi, India to Seattle, Washington and has written over 200 articles in various publications on security, safety, and counter terrorism issues.
James Rappoport, AIA, NCARB, Principal and Architect of Record at Daroff, has provided technical consultations for hundreds of clients. He is the author of several professional text books and trade journal articles, has been awarded multiple copy rights and is an active member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the US Green Building Council (USGBC), the International Code Council (ICC), and the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI). He is certified by the National Council of Architectural Review Boards (NCARB) and licensed to practice in 31 states.
Areas of Expertise:
The Diehl Group Architects, Inc. is a full-service design and consulting firm specializing in Forensic Architecture, quality assurance, and expert witness testimony. Their services `include:
- Architectural Design - With years of traditional architectural design experience includes residential, commercial, and institutional projects, they focus on unusually challenging building types, including aviation aircraft and pilot support facilities, a contemporary single family home, and support services for a subterranean wine cellar
- Quality Assurance - Identifying potential shortcomings of construction documents prior to breaking ground which allows them to review drawings before construction even begins and continue to monitor building techniques and processes to provide compliance and ensure construction accountability
- Construction Administration - Monitor construction schedules, cost, progress and quality while providing support services such as instruction or clarification to contractors as required
- Reconstruction Services - Reconstruction designs and building details solve existing problems while addressing future needs. By evaluating a range of building methods and materials through their forensic engagements, their team possesses a unique advantage over traditional architecture firms
- Forensic Architecture - The Diehl Group Architects, Inc. goes beyond standard investigative methods and procedures with state of the art technologies to ensure accurate reporting, lower costs, and side-step unnecessary intrusive testing methods
- Expert Witness Testimony - Diehl has a broad range of experience as designated architectural experts for plaintiff parties and developers in defense of plaintiff parties, in addition to a host of sub contractor disciplines
President, John (Jack) P. Diehl, AIA NCARB LEED AP, has over 40 years of experience as an Architect. Mr. Diehl currently specializes in Forensic Architecture and Construction Defects. He is licensed to practice in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington. Mr. Diehl is a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB), and the International Code Council (ICC). He is also a LEED AP Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional, Construction Document Technician, and General Contractor California, "B" License.
Erin O’Callaghan BS, MA, JD, LPC, CRC, NCC, CLCP, is a member of the International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals, International Academy of Life Care Planners, Michigan Rehabilitation Association, Michigan Bar Association and the American Board of Vocational Experts.
Ms. O’Callaghan has worked diligently for 15 years as a rehabilitation professional providing the highest standards of professional ethics. She has extensive occupational knowledge of the current labor market and how limitations may impact employability and earnings capacity. She provides consultation services in the areas of:
Life Care Planning - In depth analysis of medical records, injuries, relevant guidelines for case facts and future care. Application of standardized methodology in the preparation of a Life Care Plan. Written and /or verbal consultation with members of treatment team and evaluators for use in the development of a lifelong plan of care.
Wage Earning Capacity - Evaluation of transferable skills, labor market information, and geographical employment opportunities subsequent to an injury or disability to determine employability and/or loss of earnings capacity.
Vocational Rehabilitation - Full range of vocational rehabilitation services including vocational counseling, job seeking skills training, rehabilitation, and adjustment to disability counseling. Lien Dispute - Assessment of lien and costs assicated with litigated claims versus pre-existing medical conditions. www.experts.com
Healthways Services, is a small clinical practice that offers a wide variety of Health and Human Service programs, which are designed to help individuals and organizations achieve unparalleled successful outcomes. The program is called "Project S.T.O.P. (Self Taking On Prevention)." Dr. Lowery, educate, counsel, provide hope, empower, and encourage clients/patients while they work toward achieving excellent success. Counseling services provided are:
Dr. Christopher A. Lowery, DHSc, CLCP is a Clinical Health & Rehabilitation Consultant with a special interest in helping individuals and organizations on global health issues. Since 2002, Dr. Lowery work emerged primarily with a global health focus and the passion to counsel, educate, empower and provide hope to individuals and organizations that need outstanding tough results in the delivery and evaluation on medical catastrophic injury cases.
He currently hold the following degrees at University of North Texas, Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation Studies (07); University of Oklahoma, Master of Arts in Human and Health Administration Services (10); Capital University Law School, Post-Specialty Certificate in Life Care Planning (12); University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Post-Master's Certificate in Rehabilitation Counseling (14); and Nova Southeastern University, Doctor of Health Science in Global Health (16).
Dr. Lowery primary initiative focuses on the interface of mental health, medical, psychological and psychosocial aspect of disabilities by helping clients/patients understand their individual barriers and enablers, and targeting long term life care planning that should increase health improvements. The two main approaches are cognitive and reality therapy approaches, which will prevent poor health, injury outcomes, and improve good health and enhance quality of life.
**If you have a case that needs Dr. Lowery's expertise, please feel free to give his office a call for a free consultation.
Dr. Imber also addresses the needs of Children, Adolescents and Adults concerning Attention Deficit Disorder, Learning and Behavioral Disabilities for Children and Adolescents, Learning Disabilities for Adults and Forensic Evaluation.
A noted author and speaker, Dr. Imber has been a Presenter and/or Session Leader at several National Council for Exceptional Children's Conferences as well as several State and Regional Conferences, LRP Annual National Conference on Legal Issues of Educating Individuals with Disabilities.
New York location:
61-43 186th Street
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Jerry Birnbach & Associates is a multi disciplined retail store planning company. With over 30 years of experience, they have elevated their reputation to among the most respected and acclaimed Store Planning Firms in the United States. Consulting Expertise Includes:
Industry magazines have recognized Jerry Birnbach and Associates as a top 50 Retail Design Firm. They have received VMSD for best specialty store design award for successories, the POPAI award for the best display design for Revlon sunglasses, the DDI Global Shop Magellan award for marketing and graphic design, and the IMRA Best Trade Booth Design award. Founder, Jerry Birnbach, is an award winning Retail Designer of Stores and Displays. He has 35 years of exclusive retail consulting with Americas largest retailers and product vendors. Mr. Birnbach is listed as a Top 40 Retail Industry Leader. He is considered an Expert on all things Retail. Background Experience: Mr. Birnbach served as a Partner at RDD Associates Inc., designing high profile prototype stores and departments for Walmart, Macy's Target, Crayola, Ringling Bros., Fleet Center Arena, Conair, DKNY, XOXO, and Mizrachi. He has complete knowledge from construction to grand opening and every aspect of retailing in between.
Oak Leaf Consulting Group provides high quality Vocational Assessments for individuals involved in personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, matrimonial, and worker’s compensation cases, as well as several other services.
Oak Leaf Consulting Group collaborates with medical, personal, and therapeutic service providers in the development of dynamic, client specific Life Care Plans to assist clients in achieving the highest quality of care and personal independence in the least restrictive environment. They have beenn contracted as an Impartial Vocational Expert for the Social Security Administration’s Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (name changed to Office of Healing Appeals). [2012 – 2019]
- Develop Life Care Plans, cost projections, and custodial claim reports, as well as evaluation and critiques of existing plans and reports.
- Evaluate injured workers or individuals and determine employability, placeability, and loss of earning capacity assessments.
- Make professional evaluations, decisions, and recommendations for treatment planning and implementation, and define client / family problems, and maintain an effective counseling relationship.
- Provide complex crisis intervention and stabilization to clients who were in psychological distress, and established goals/treatments through a collaborative process with the client utilizing advanced counseling skills, including evidence-based practices and screening / assessment.
- Provide individual and group counseling interventions to clients with and without disabilities.
- Provide job placement services and consultation
Matthew E. Sprong, Ph.D., CRC, LCPC, CLCP, CADC, is the President of Oak Leaf Consulting Group, LLC, and has been providing Vocational Rehabilitation related services since 2009. He currently holds joint appointments as an Assistant Professor at Lock Haven University, and a Rehabilitation Counselor at the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Dr. Sprong has performed hundreds of comprehensive vocational evaluations, job placement services for veterans and people with disabilities, and intensive job development activities. He has over 30 peer-reviewed journal article publications, has over 60 professional presentations, teaches graduate level rehabilitation counseling students, and is involved in state and national service endeavors. He also teaches Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling Courses at the Graduate level for future Rehabilitation Professionals.
Professional consultation for schools, attorneys and individuals. Court-qualified education administration, liability, school review and special education expert. More than 30 years experience in education. National practice.
DOCTORATE: Rutgers University - Education Administration.
MASTERS: College of NJ - Special Education.
MASTERS: Franklin Pierce Law Center - Education Law.
LAWYERS - Document review. Case analysis, development and litigation support. Expert reports. Deposition and trial testimony. School evaluations and comparisons for matrimonial issues.
SCHOOLS - Liability and management assessments. Policy review and recommendations. Program review and development. Special seminars.
Dr. Joseph S. Schwartzberg, is an Educational Consultant / Expert Witness who provides consultation and testimony on cases involving students with disabilities.
Dr. Schwartzberg was responsible for developing and administering legally compliant special education programs for the 14 districts of North San Diego County. For 13 years, he served as the Senior Director of the North Coastal Consortium for Special Education for the San Diego County Office of Education. For the 7 years prior, he was the Division Director for the Southern Westchester, NY, Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES).
Litigation Support - Dr. Schwartzberg is experienced and skilled at deposition and trial testimony in state and federal court, broad knowledge and expertise in several areas, including but not limited to the following: matters related to the appropriate programming / services for children with disabilities, standards of care and school district responsibilities, child abuse and mandated reporter responsibilities,school safety, other agency services and responsibilities, plaintiff and defendant responsibilities, family court, civil court and administrative hearings, alternative dispute resolution.
Areas of Expertise:
- Standards of Care
- Other Agency Responsibilities
- Non-public Schools
- Appropriate Programming for Students with Disabilities
Areas of Expertise: Accident analysis, testimony and mediation in vehicle and pedestrian accidents involving transit, paratransit, schoolbus, motorcoach, special education, non-emergency medical transportation, taxi, shuttle, child transport systems and services; slips and falls; crossing, boarding and alighting; wheelchairs; seatbelts; ADA and accessibility; passenger safety, security and sexual abuse; vehicle design, specification, crashworthiness, quality assurance and product liability; industry standards and practices; driver training and vehicle operation; management, monitoring, supervision and enforcement; maintenance; NHTSA, FTA, FMCSA and USDOT regulations; vehicle testing and certification; contract negotiation and compliance; risk management; planning and system design.
The Firm: Transportation Alternatives is a passenger transportation and automotive consortium engaged in consulting and forensic accident investigation and analysis (more than 600 cases). Specializes in elderly, disabled, schoolchildren.
Education: MURP (Urban and Regional Planning): George Washington University, 1975 BA, English Literature: Rutgers University, 1969
- President, Transportation Alternatives (1980 to present). Consulted to USDOT, transit agencies, private contractors, social service agencies, municipalities and school districts. Designed several major transportation systems
- Chairman/General Manager, PTS Transportation (1982-1992). Directed operations of a 70-vehicle paratransit system for physically and developmentally disabled individuals and a non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) service
- President, TAM-USA (1989-1995). Formed and directed a U.S.-Slovene joint venture company which coordinated the design, testing, certification and marketing of a European-manufactured school bus and motorcoach.
Appointments and Memberships:
- American Public Transportation Association
- National Association of Pupil Transportation
- United Motorcoach Association
- American Bus Association
- Community Transportation Association of America
- Association Internationale pour la Sécurité du Transport des Jeunes
- National School Transportation Conference (1995, 2000, 2005)
- Committee on School Transportation Safety, National Academy of Sciences
- Bus Industry Safety Committee (ABA)
- Access Committee (APTA)