*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Bus Accidents Consultants: 3
Areas of Expertise: Accident analysis, testimony and mediation in vehicle and pedestrian accidents involving transit, paratransit, schoolbus, motorcoach, special education, non-emergency medical transportation, taxi, shuttle, child transport systems and services; slips and falls; crossing, boarding and alighting; wheelchairs; seatbelts; ADA and accessibility; passenger safety, security and sexual abuse; vehicle design, specification, crashworthiness, quality assurance and product liability; industry standards and practices; driver training and vehicle operation; management, monitoring, supervision and enforcement; maintenance; NHTSA, FTA, FMCSA and USDOT regulations; vehicle testing and certification; contract negotiation and compliance; risk management; planning and system design.
The Firm: Transportation Alternatives is a passenger transportation and automotive consortium engaged in consulting and forensic accident investigation and analysis (more than 600 cases). Specializes in elderly, disabled, schoolchildren.
Education: MURP (Urban and Regional Planning): George Washington University, 1975 BA, English Literature: Rutgers University, 1969
- President, Transportation Alternatives (1980 to present). Consulted to USDOT, transit agencies, private contractors, social service agencies, municipalities and school districts. Designed several major transportation systems
- Chairman/General Manager, PTS Transportation (1982-1992). Directed operations of a 70-vehicle paratransit system for physically and developmentally disabled individuals and a non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) service
- President, TAM-USA (1989-1995). Formed and directed a U.S.-Slovene joint venture company which coordinated the design, testing, certification and marketing of a European-manufactured school bus and motorcoach.
Appointments and Memberships:
- American Public Transportation Association
- National Association of Pupil Transportation
- United Motorcoach Association
- American Bus Association
- Community Transportation Association of America
- Association Internationale pour la Sécurité du Transport des Jeunes
- National School Transportation Conference (1995, 2000, 2005)
- Committee on School Transportation Safety, National Academy of Sciences
- Bus Industry Safety Committee (ABA)
- Access Committee (APTA)
Monsees & Mayer, P.C., is a law firm based in Kansas City, Missouri, with an additional office in Springfield, Missouri. They strive to provide consistently excellent legal representation to injured victims and their families. Monsees & Mayer, P.C.'s, personal injury attorneys know how to package cases for settlement and how to present cases at trial to achieve the best results for their clients. The firm has received national recognition for litigation related to injuries from defective firearms and defective sporting equipment.
Areas of Practice:
Partner, Timothy W. Monsees, Esq. has over 30 years of experience litigating complex Personal Injury cases.
Background - Mr. Monsees graduated with honors from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law in 1981. He is admitted to practice in Missouri, Kansas and Texas. Mr. Monsees is recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Missouri Super Lawyers, Kansas City Business Journal “Best of the Bar”, and for many years has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell with an “A/V” rating. He regularly presents at seminars helping to instruct other attorneys on trial practice skills.
Mr. Monsees restricts his practice to representation of injured parties in litigation of product liability, construction and industrial accidents, professional negligence, and medical malpractice.
Ralph Aronberg, P.E., has reconstructed over 1,500 accidents and has testified in over 150 jury trials, since founding the firm in 1983. He provides Expert Witness services in the areas of:
- Traffic accident reconstruction (cars, trucks, motorcycles and pedestrians).
- Vehicle occupant kinematics (seatbelts)
- Traffic engineering design (geometrics, signing, markings, signals and lighting)
- Sight distance analysis
- Hazardous roadway conditions
- Work Zone Traffic Control evaluation
- Evaluation of roadway curvature
- Traffic signal operations
- Pedestrian safety
- Computerized accident reconstruction and simulation
- Vehicle "black box" data retrieval (certified>
Mr. Aronberg is published in the fields of pedestrian / bicycle / motorcycle accident reconstructions, and 3 Dimensional Animations and Scientific Visualizations through the Society of Automotive Engineers. Mr. Aronberg is a Fellow member of the National Academy of Forensic Engineers, and certified as a Diplomat in forensic Engineering.