*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Bus Accidents Expert Witnesses: 4
Areas of Expertise: Accident analysis, testimony and mediation in vehicle and pedestrian accidents involving transit, paratransit, schoolbus, motorcoach, special education, non-emergency medical transportation, taxi, shuttle, child transport systems and services; slips and falls; crossing, boarding and alighting; wheelchairs; seatbelts; ADA and accessibility; passenger safety, security and sexual abuse; vehicle design, specification, crashworthiness, quality assurance and product liability; industry standards and practices; driver training and vehicle operation; management, monitoring, supervision and enforcement; maintenance; NHTSA, FTA, FMCSA and USDOT regulations; vehicle testing and certification; contract negotiation and compliance; risk management; planning and system design.
The Firm: Transportation Alternatives is a passenger transportation and automotive consortium engaged in consulting and forensic accident investigation and analysis (more than 600 cases). Specializes in elderly, disabled, schoolchildren.
Education: MURP (Urban and Regional Planning): George Washington University, 1975 BA, English Literature: Rutgers University, 1969
- President, Transportation Alternatives (1980 to present). Consulted to USDOT, transit agencies, private contractors, social service agencies, municipalities and school districts. Designed several major transportation systems
- Chairman/General Manager, PTS Transportation (1982-1992). Directed operations of a 70-vehicle paratransit system for physically and developmentally disabled individuals and a non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) service
- President, TAM-USA (1989-1995). Formed and directed a U.S.-Slovene joint venture company which coordinated the design, testing, certification and marketing of a European-manufactured school bus and motorcoach.
Appointments and Memberships:
- American Public Transportation Association
- National Association of Pupil Transportation
- United Motorcoach Association
- American Bus Association
- Community Transportation Association of America
- Association Internationale pour la Sécurité du Transport des Jeunes
- National School Transportation Conference (1995, 2000, 2005)
- Committee on School Transportation Safety, National Academy of Sciences
- Bus Industry Safety Committee (ABA)
- Access Committee (APTA)
Timothy W. Monsees, is a partner with the firm of Monsees & Mayer, P.C. For over 30 years, he has focused his practice on litigating complex Personal Injury cases.
Background - Mr. Monsees graduated with honors from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law in 1981. He is admitted to practice in Missouri, Kansas and Texas. Mr. Monsees is recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Missouri Super Lawyers, Kansas City Business Journal “Best of the Bar”, and for many years has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell with an “A/V” rating. He regularly presents at seminars helping to instruct other attorneys on trial practice skills.
Mr. Monsees restricts his practice to representation of injured parties in litigation of product liability, construction & industrial accidents, professional negligence, and medical malpractice. Mr. Monsees’ firm has received national recognition for litigation related to injuries from defective sporting equipment and from defective firearms.
Litigation Support - Mr. Monsees provides expert witness services for counsel representing injured parties. He addresses issues related to rules violations, time limits, discovery omissions, trial strategies, procedure, standard of care, and ethical violations.
Areas of Expertise:
- Legal Ethics
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Demonstrative Evidence / Exhibits
Jon Mitchell “Mitch” Jackson, Esq. was admitted to the California Bar in 1986 and immediately opened up his own practice representing victims of Personal Injury and Wrongful Death. In 2009, Mr. Jackson was named an Orange County “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association. In 2013, Mr. Jackson received the California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year (CLAY) Award for litigation. According to California Lawyer Magazine, the CLAY Award recognizes attorneys who have: "
"changed the law, substantially influenced public policy or the profession, or achieved a remarkable victory for a client or for the public and have made a profound impact on the law."
His firm, Jackson & Wilson, is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, an exclusive listing reserved for less than 5% of all distinguished law practices in the United States. Several earlier recognitions include Mr. Jackson being named as a “Southern California Super Lawyer” and an ability rating of 10.0 or Superb by the AVVO lawyer rating system. Over the past 30 years, Mr. Jackson has obtained numerous multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients. He is also a multiple time member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (membership limited to those attorneys having obtained million dollar plus verdicts and settlements). In his spare time, he has served as a Judge Pro Tem, and arbitrator with the Orange County Superior Court and attorneys fee mediator with the Orange County Bar Association.
Mitch Jackson on Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
Mr. Jackson is active with the local and national legal community including the Orange County Bar Association, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, Consumer Attorneys of California, American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, and National Trial Lawyers Association.
Litigation Support - Mitch Jackson serves as an Expert Witness in Legal Malpractice cases. With decades of experience litigating Personal Injury and Wrongful Death, Mr. Jackson's opinions are unbiased and well-founded. His services are available to both Plaintiff and Defendant.
Areas of Expertise:
Ralph Aronberg, P.E., has reconstructed over 1,500 accidents and has testified in over 150 jury trials, since founding the firm in 1983. He provides Expert Witness services in the areas of:
- Traffic accident reconstruction (cars, trucks, motorcycles and pedestrians).
- Vehicle occupant kinematics (seatbelts)
- Traffic engineering design (geometrics, signing, markings, signals and lighting)
- Sight distance analysis
- Hazardous roadway conditions
- Work Zone Traffic Control evaluation
- Evaluation of roadway curvature
- Traffic signal operations
- Pedestrian safety
- Computerized accident reconstruction and simulation
- Vehicle "black box" data retrieval (certified>
Mr. Aronberg is published in the fields of pedestrian / bicycle / motorcycle accident reconstructions, and 3 Dimensional Animations and Scientific Visualizations through the Society of Automotive Engineers. Mr. Aronberg is a Fellow member of the National Academy of Forensic Engineers, and certified as a Diplomat in forensic Engineering.