*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Buses - Motorcoaches Accident Reconstruction Expert Witnesses: 8
Transportation & Safety Compliance Experts, Inc. is a full-service Consulting Firm that offers a wide variety of services, including OSHA Expert services. Built on the expertise of former OSHA regulators, they exist to provide accurate, affordable safety and compliance solutions. Our OSHA team works with both sides of OSHA regulations and commands a thorough understanding of the system. It’s the reason why attorneys call on them as expert witnesses and clients trust our services.
Litigation Support - Transportation & Safety Compliance Experts services hundreds of clients in transportation, general industry, construction, and the maritime industries and understand the day-to-day compliance obligations they have. Our OSHA experts have decades of hands-on experience to tackle any regulatory issue including:
- Litigation consultation services and trial testimony
- Application and interpretations of the OSH ACT of 1970
- Opinions regarding employer and employee OSHA compliance obligations
- Occupational safety and health (OSHA) compliance consultation services
Stephen L. Day, CSP, is a retired OSHA Assistant Area Director for the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration, US Department of Labor. His expertise is in providing guidance on the interpretation and application of the OSH Act of 1970 and its promulgated rules as well as industry consensus standards regarding occupational safety and health.
In his role as OSHA Assistant Area Director, Mr. Day led and directed occupational safety and health investigations and regulatory enforcement programs in support of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 in assigned areas within Region IV of OSHA. He supervised OSHA investigative and enforcement personnel, including safety engineers, safety specialists, industrial hygienists, and administrative personnel, in the accomplishment of the federal regulatory mission of OSHA, and directed and managed OSHA regulatory enforcement actions regarding complaints, accident, and fatality investigations in order to ensure occupational safety and health and compliance with federal OSHA regulations, including but not limited to construction, general industry, chemical manufacturing, petroleum refining, healthcare, auto manufacturing, sawmills, logging, steel erection, long shoring and maritime settings.
Areas of Expertise:
- Litigation consultation services and trial testimony regarding workplace safety and health standards of care and OSHA compliance throughout transportation, general industry, maritime, and construction industry settings
- Opinions regarding employer and employee OSHA compliance obligations based upon the OSHA Act of 1970
- Opinions on the application and interpretation of OSHA and industry consensus standards regarding workplace safety and health
Contact Information: 251-454-4967 (Cell) email@example.com
Jeff Funke, MS, CSP, is an Industrial Hygiene Expert who serves as an occupational safety and health subject matter expert to industry clients and legal counsel on a wide range of occupational safety and health matters specifically related to Employer Obligations under the OSH Act of 1970.
Mr. Funke provides expert guidance on the nature and scope of jurisdictional applicability of the OSH Act related to different aspects of the workplace regarding the regulatory requirements of 29 CFR 1910 General Industry and 29 CFR 1926 Construction. He is an experienced safety and health professional with extensive knowledge of industrial hygiene principles and feasible application in the workplace.
Areas of Expertise:
- Safety and health compliance audits and on-site training to assist industry clients and legal counsel regarding their obligations under the OSH Act
- Deposition and trial testimony on a broad array of matters related to occupational safety and health, OSHA compliance, and best practices
- Identifying a wide range of hazards in various industries, including construction, manufacturing, agriculture, and numerous other specialty industries
- implementing feasible corrective actions that create a safe and healthful workplace, which limits the employer’s risk, and increases productivity and profitability
Contact Information: 304-989-1619 (Cell) firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Expertise: Accident analysis, testimony and mediation in vehicle and pedestrian accidents involving transit, paratransit, schoolbus, motorcoach, special education, non-emergency medical transportation, taxi, shuttle, child transport systems and services; slips and falls; crossing, boarding and alighting; wheelchairs; seatbelts; ADA and accessibility; passenger safety, security and sexual abuse; vehicle design, specification, crashworthiness, quality assurance and product liability; industry standards and practices; driver training and vehicle operation; management, monitoring, supervision and enforcement; maintenance; NHTSA, FTA, FMCSA and USDOT regulations; vehicle testing and certification; contract negotiation and compliance; risk management; planning and system design.
The Firm: Transportation Alternatives is a passenger transportation and automotive consortium engaged in consulting and forensic accident investigation and analysis (more than 600 cases). Specializes in elderly, disabled, schoolchildren.
Education: MURP (Urban and Regional Planning): George Washington University, 1975 BA, English Literature: Rutgers University, 1969
- President, Transportation Alternatives (1980 to present). Consulted to USDOT, transit agencies, private contractors, social service agencies, municipalities and school districts. Designed several major transportation systems
- Chairman/General Manager, PTS Transportation (1982-1992). Directed operations of a 70-vehicle paratransit system for physically and developmentally disabled individuals and a non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) service
- President, TAM-USA (1989-1995). Formed and directed a U.S.-Slovene joint venture company which coordinated the design, testing, certification and marketing of a European-manufactured school bus and motorcoach.
Appointments and Memberships:
- American Public Transportation Association
- National Association of Pupil Transportation
- United Motorcoach Association
- American Bus Association
- Community Transportation Association of America
- Association Internationale pour la Sécurité du Transport des Jeunes
- National School Transportation Conference (1995, 2000, 2005)
- Committee on School Transportation Safety, National Academy of Sciences
- Bus Industry Safety Committee (ABA)
- Access Committee (APTA)
Lew Grill has testified as a trucking expert witness in litigation matters for law firms, trucking fleets, trucking insurance companies, and truck driving schools in Federal and State courts across the nation. His litigation support services involve the Safe Operation of Commercial Motor Vehicles and the Standard of Care of truck drivers and motor carriers.
Areas of Expertise:
- Truck Accident Investigation
- Advanced Accident Reconstruction
- Human Factors Analysis
- Heavy Truck Vehicle Accident Reconstruction
- Pedestrian Motor Vehicle Accident Reconstruction
- Vehicle Dynamics
With constantly evolving IT systems and exceptional customer service, Laird are leading the way in the Expert Witness sector. You can instruct with the click of a button via their website and will be kept up to date at every stage of your case.
Laird have three main areas of expertise:
- Locus Reports
- Personal Injury Photography Reports
- Witness Statements
- Document sign up service
JP Transportation Safety Consulting, LLC (JPTSC) has more than one hundred years of combined experience serving the Shipping and Transportation industry relative to Workplace Safety and Regulatory Compliance. JPTSC helps companies of all types and sizes that operate commercial motor vehicles, as well as shippers and carriers of hazardous materials, with respect to compliance with Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations.
Litigation Support - JPTSC provides expert services to attorneys representing Plaintiff and Defense. They consult on cases involving:
|Jon (Paul) Dillard, President and Co-Founder, has fulfilled all of the educational requirements, acquired the professional experience and knowledge of the field, and attained the level of expertise and professionalism in Motor Fleet Supervision as a Certified Director of Safety from the North American Transportation Management Training Institute. He has been employed in the motor carrier industry for over 30 years and has successfully managed the safety, compliance, and claims for two major motor carriers as a Vice President and/or Director of Safety resulting in satisfactory compliance audits and significant reductions in accident frequency. Mr. Dillard is experienced and trained in: Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety and Compliance - Quality Management - Defensive Driving - Accident Investigation - Commercial Motor Vehicle Operations - Inspection / Maintenance - OSHA - Cargo Loading and Securement - Hazardous Materials Transportation.|
|Jon O. Cook, COO, Co-Founder, is a former Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver and Owner Operator with over 1,000,000 over-the-road miles to his credit. He is a certified commercial driver examiner, having trained and road-tested hundreds of commercial drivers. Mr. Cook has been employed in various capacities in the trucking industry over the last 36 years. He served as Director of Safety for a large food-store chain in Birmingham, Alabama covering seven states. Mr. Cook also remains active in the Alabama Trucking Association. He has served on the Board of Directors and was previously Chairman of the Board and as President and Chairman of the Board for the North Alabama Chapter of the National Safety Council. Mr. Cook is experienced and trained in: DOT Compliance / Safety - Driver Recruiting - Qualification - Training and Maintenance Programs - Road Testing - Accident Avoidance - Defensive Driving - Fuel Economy - Cargo Securement - Proper Equipment Usage.|
| Kenneth M. Price, a recent addition to JPTSC, has spent the last 5 years As a Motor Carrier Safety Specialist with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. His duties included planning, scheduling, and conducting compliance reviews on motor carriers throughout the State of Alabama to assure compliance with regulations, policies, and /or guidelines, including those concerned with the transportation and handling of hazardous materials. Mr. Price also assisted the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Trial Attorney documenting evidence for a case that was going before an Administrative Law Judge. He has also worked with the Trial Attorney documenting evidence for the Field Administrators Reply to Preliminary Order on Petition for Review of Safety Ratings. Mr. Price is experienced and trained in: Compliance Reviews - Hazardous Materials - Safety Instructor - Motor Coach Bus Driver Qualifications.|
Auto • Airbag • Bicycle • Boating • Bus • Chair Design / Safety / Failure • Diving and Drowning • Electrocution and Shock • Elevator • Escalator • Fires and Explosions • Forklift • Gate • Golf Cart • Highway Design and Safety • Ladder • Law Enforcement • Lighting & Illumination • Loading Dock • Metallurgy • Motorcycle • Paintgun • Playground Safety • Press • Ramps • Rollercoaster • Safety Guards • Scaffolding • Seatbelts • Slip / Trip and Fall • Spas • Stairs • Swimming Pool Design and Safety • Tractors • Trailers • Trucks • 3D Scans
Roy Theophilus Bent, Jr. is a well known and respected expert and consultant in the automotive industry. An IACP Certified Auto Appraiser, Expert Witness, and Field Inspector, Mr. Bent is the seated President of the Bureau of Certified Auto Appraisers, a National Professional Appraisal Credentialing Organization that has trained, tested, and certified over 2,400 students under his leadership in the practices of IACP Certified Auto Appraisals and Litigation assistance.
Mr. Bent holds numerous licenses and credentials as an ASE Certified Mechanic, I-Car Collision Specialist, Licensed Auto Appraiser, Insurance Adjuster, Umpire, Mediator, Arbitrator, Classic Car Judge, and Vintage Car Historian.
Litigation Support - Mr. Bent is retained by counsel to provide IACP Certified Third Party Appraisals for most auto related lawsuits. He serves law firms whose clients are involved with dissolution, probate, bankruptcy, and diminution of value, and automobile accidents. Mr. Bent is a contributing author in several peer reviewed journals in auto accident expert witness related theories, case studies, and reports which are used exclusively by other expert witnesses in the field. His services include deposition, arbitration, mediation, and trial testimony when necessary.
Areas of Expertise:
Carl Berkowitz, PE, Ph.D., AICP, is a Transportation and Traffic Engineering expert with almost 50 years of expertise. He's held various managerial and administrative positions in the transportation industry, government, private, and academic sectors.
Dr. Berkowitz has extensive multi-modal experience in planning, design, engineering, safety, security, construction, maintenance, operations, and management. He has written and edited numerous reports, studies, articles, and columns for major publications, journals, newspapers and scholarly periodicals.
- Transportation and Traffic Engineering Consultant, 1988 - Present
- New York City Department of Transportation, New York, 1970 – 88
- New York State Office of Planning Coordination, New York, 1967 - 70
- New York State Department of Transportation, Babylon, NY, 1963 - 67
- New York City Transit Authority, New York, 1962 - 63
Litigation Support - Dr. Berkowitz has served as a litigation consultant since 1997. He has the background and experience to make him ideally suited to contribute important information at every stage in the litigation process. Dr. Berkowitz is able to explain complex issues in layman terms, suggest strategies, investigate and uncover facts, perform literature reviews, research, and prepare safety evaluations. He has been deposed / testified over 50 times in the last 5 years.